The New Moor Market

It weren't me Trigger honest, tha blames me for every thing .

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 19:15 ----------

Thee and Trigger would be even better which one would wear pinny.

:)

It looks like they've assigned the whole department to the task now.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 19:18 ----------

AG doesn't seem to be aware that the proposed HS2 route follows the M1 from a East Midlands Hub for Derby, Nottingham and Leicester rather than coming through the middle of Chesterfield and down the A61 through Heeley and Sharrow.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/H2_phase_2.png

Thus bypassing Sheffield. I wonder if it occurs to anyone that the 20 minutes extra it will take most folk to get to the station will outweigh the actual time saving of taking a high speed train.

Edited by Anna Glypta

Well feel free to name them.

It may be the poster who posts in perfect understandable English on one occasion and then in the next instance reverts to gobbildygook that only a councillor or the Market Management team would understand.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 19:22 ----------

what a stupid statement that London road is the main road to our capital

We all know that you go up Barnsley road to Leeds.

what a stupid statement that London road is the main road to our capital

It takes someone very stupid not to be able to read and understand this... "London Road named after the fact that it was the main road between the city and the capital city of our nation"

It looks like they've assigned the whole department to the task now.

Are you accusing me of being a council stooge? :hihi:

Thus bypassing Sheffield. I wonder if it occurs to anyone that the 20 minutes extra it will take most folk to get to the station will outweigh the actual time saving of taking a high speed train.

Maybe they've included the people who won't have to travel into Sheffield city centre to catch the train, such as those from Barnsley, Rotherham, Worksop and Doncaster, all of who are to be served by this station, not just the handful who live inside the ring road.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 19:28 ----------

It takes someone very stupid not to be able to read and understand this... "London Road named after the fact that it was the main road between the city and the capital city of our nation"

WAS

They built a new road to London over 15 years before they blocked off the direct access from shops on the Moor to the capital city.

They built a new road to London over 15 years before they blocked off the direct access from shops on the Moor to the capital city.

An they started the slow death of The Moor and Sheffield City Centre on the day they cut the Moor off from London Road.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 19:31 ----------

Maybe they've included the people who won't have to travel into Sheffield city centre to catch the train, such as those from Barnsley, Rotherham, Worksop and Doncaster, all of who are to be served by this station, not just the handful who live inside the ring road.

I'm sure they did. It sort of sends the message that Sheffield has a similar status as Barnsley, Rotherham, Worksop and Doncaster.

An they started the slow death of The Moor and Sheffield City Centre on the day they cut the Moor off from London Road.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

In case you are, if you hadn't noticed, there are numerous other roads into the city centre.

Are you for real??

Firstly, the MPS Building was under contruction in the late 70s and was occupied from 1981. The moor did not decline. In fact throughout the 80s and 90s it continued to be packed with stores and shoppers. That's nearly 20 years post MPS Building and the road closures. Its only since the increase in popularity of Meadowhall, companies moving to outside city sites and decline of the coop group closing two major stores in that location and the unavoidable delays with the Sevenstone Project that it even began to decline and that was as late as the 00s

Secondly, you can still drive down either side of the moor parallel to the rear of each and every shop unit. You can get even closer by driving into Matilda Street, Eyre Street or Rockingham Gate. Hardly a million miles away.

Thirdly, let just indulge your nostalga here and just imagine for one second that the moor was back as it was with its two way traffic and no manpower services building blocking the way. What difference would it possibly make to the Moor's accessibility.

Do you really think for one second in 2014 with our current traffic levels combined with pedestrians/buses/taxis and cyclists that it would be utopia where you can just swing in and park up on a nice single yellow outside any shop you want.

WAKE UP :loopy::loopy:

People like you are just a perfect example of why this city is always lagging behind. "...dont like change" "...it should have been left how it was..." "...its all the Council's fault..."

Edited by ECCOnoob

Hasn't Atkinson's got a car park anymore? Isn't that near the moor market? Sorry if I'm wrong just thinking it would solve mobility issues as I'm sure they also have lifts x

There's the "Kit-kat Car Park" literally next to the market building, on Eyre Street. There's the car park at Atkinsons, just a few yards' walk away. There's the car park about another 50 yards further on, on Matilda Way at the back of the old Hoffenbrauhaus/fuel....

There's the "Kit-kat Car Park" literally next to the market building, on Eyre Street. There's the car park at Atkinsons, just a few yards' walk away. There's the car park about another 50 yards further on, on Matilda Way at the back of the old Hoffenbrauhaus/fuel....

Got wrong end of the stick (as usual) I thought people were saying that it was inaccessible by car.

Thanks Plain Talker :)