The New Moor Market

There is a saying that the customer is always right. It seems to be something that doesn't get considered around Sheffield. Elsewhere folk listen to what the customers think and act uopn it.

Actually, they don't. 99% of the time, the customer is wrong, and is fobbed off as quickly as possible. Generally the ones who start spouting "the customer is always right" are the ones who have the least clue about what's actually involved, have no wish to learn, and end up abusing those who have to deal with their "complaints".

And anyway, how can you be a customer of the market if you haven't managed to find your way past the manpower building? :huh:

Here it appears that if you say a word out of place against a council decision the gestapo are here mod handed within 5 minutes to try to discredit you.

So anyone disagreeing with you is trying "to discredit you"? Does your self-importance know no bounds? :hihi:

TBH it amuses me. I'm happy to keep this thread at the top of the heap and keep telling everyone how the money squandered building a market in the wrong part of town is slowly going down the toilet.

Well considering I have no links to the council, or the market, I have no problems with that. It amuses me that you think there's some sort of conspiracy to keep your opinions oppressed, when the simple answer to that would be to simply ignore you.

Actually, they don't. 99% of the time, the customer is wrong, and is fobbed off as quickly as possible. Generally the ones who start spouting "the customer is always right" are the ones who have the least clue about what's actually involved, have no wish to learn, and end up abusing those who have to deal with their "complaints".

And anyway, how can you be a customer of the market if you haven't managed to find your way past the manpower building? :huh:

So anyone disagreeing with you is trying "to discredit you"? Does your self-importance know no bounds? :hihi:

Well considering I have no links to the council, or the market, I have no problems with that. It amuses me that you think there's some sort of conspiracy to keep your opinions oppressed, when the simple answer to that would be to simply ignore you.

Funnily enough I have tried the market on several occassions. The first time was after it first opened and I could barely get through the door. Since then getting through the door has hardly been a problem

As the market is getting 40% fewer customers it is folk who don't shop there that they need to attract not those that already do. So as someone who has looked and not been wowed by the place I would think that my opinion might be pretty valid.

Regarding the personal attacks there is a bunch of posters who have been posting on here for a week who would rather post about me than about the market. I can guess about their motives. It seems quite a few others have noticed the same thing. But I'm not going to be chased off by them.

---------- Post added 05-06-2014 at 16:50 ----------

Ah we have got to dishing insults out now eh? Better luck next time.

Responding in kind. You don't seem to like that.

For that matter I don't really care that there is no free parking for the Moor Market. I put it forward as a reason why folk don't use the place. I suppose I don't really care that the council have screwed up the traffic system by blocking roads, one way systems and bus gates.

There is free parking, usually mostly empty, outside Staples, right next to the market. Which one way systems or bus gates affect your ability to get to the moor market?

Can anyone remember what was on the site of the manpower services building before it was built? Was there retail there?

The Moor ran through to a roundabout where the underpass is now, apart from that, not much. Almost all that area flattened in the blitz and never redeveloped, until MSC. There were a number of small single storey lock-up shops, that's all.

The Moor ran through to a roundabout where the underpass is now, apart from that, not much. Almost all that area flattened in the blitz and never redeveloped, until MSC. There were a number of small single storey lock-up shops, that's all.

What about all the pubs and artisan bakeries?