The New Moor Market

My feelings are that the new Market will act as a catalyst for the surrounding area.

The Moor was decimated by the opening of Meadowhall and perhaps now is the time for a fightback by the city centre retailers.

Surely the powers that be at Scottish Widows are monitoring the footfall and will be working their socks off to maintain it, if the Moor can be joined up to Fargate and be seen to be a success then surely the Sevenstone deal or similar can be resurrected.

Yes I also wish that the Moor Market owners could persuade those foreign food markets that line Fargate to have proper permanent units in Moor Market, that kind of street food will be just the ticket.

I think most of those markets travel around different cities in Europe, the stall holders might not want a permanent stall.

There are plenty of food stalls in the new market, think I'm going to grab a Jamaican patty or two for my lunch.

We've just had a wander down there to see what the fuss was about, it was certainly busy but I liked the feel of the place. I think it will do quite well...the cafe's looked clean & inviting and it was nice to see pop-up food stalls catering for the office workers during lunch breaks. The jerk chicken wrap from the Caribbean stall was nice and my Hubby had curried mutton...spicy!!

We've got some sausages from one of the butchers so we'll give those a whirl tonight to see how they compare to our local butchers.

It's just a shame it's not on a tram route!