The New Moor Market

Somebody complaining that the car parks are too far away, at about 10 metres, is either deluded or just complaining for the sake of it. It's not about having an opinion they might not like, it about ignoring people complaining about something they obviously have no clue about.

It's like McDonalds ignoring the complaints they get about the DHMO they put in their food and drinks.

Have you ever tried walking from a supermarket with 30 kilos of shopping in carrier bags and walking back to your car?

Ever wondered why Sainsbury go to the expence of providing car parks and trolleys for their customers?

Ever heard of customers voting with their feet?

Perhaps the market is failing because they ignore the comments of shoppers and listen instead to sycophants.

Have you ever tried walking from a supermarket with 30 kilos of shopping in carrier bags and walking back to your car?

Ever wondered why Sainsbury go to the expence of providing car parks and trolleys for their customers?

Maybe you need to actually visit the market and see it with your own eyes. The car park at the Moor Market probably offers closer parking spaces to the shop than Asda on the Parkway (I've not measured, but there can't be much in it - both have a roadway between the store and car park).

The only way they could have got the car park any closer would have been to have it in the same building. It's certainly closer than the old market, yet you keep bringing that up as a good example of how accessible the car park should be...

Perhaps the market is failing because they ignore the comments of shoppers and listen instead to sycophants.

You mean the Sainsburys across from the market that doesn't have a car park attached or trolleys but has survived for many years.

Ever heard of buying a shopping trolley, they're made not just with tartan patterns anymore

You mean the Sainsburys across from the market that doesn't have a car park attached or trolleys but has survived for many years.

Ever heard of buying a shopping trolley, they're made not just with tartan patterns anymore

Ever heard of having the option. I have the option and choose not to shop where I can't park. I'm not really bothered about folk coming on and arguing with my choice. It won't alter my opinion or my option of shopping elsewhere. That's the point. If they want the business they have to listen to what the customers want. They have to listen to what non customers want if they want them to become customers.

It is very interesting that there is a Sainsbury without a car park. I don't shop there either, so they can struggle over the same sector of customers as the market. I wonder who will win that one. Sainsbury's have the ability to offer cut price deals that market traders can't match. Let me know how they go one.

You can park within about 25 paces of the market though.

But can I get to the market easily in my car, park for free and get my goods back to my car in a shopping trolley? There is the dilema. I'm being asked to put myself out more and more by folk who can't be bothered to listen to my requirements.

Our local pub had a problem. Another pub down the road put up a smokers shelter with a heater and in the winter the regular ciggie boys started using the other pub. Now faced with this he had 2 obvious options.

1. Build a shelter for his regulars

1. Tell them they were a load of Jessies and should put up with getting wet and cold.

Which do you think he chose?

But can I get to the market easily in my car, park for free and get my goods back to my car in a shopping trolley? There is the dilema. I'm being asked to put myself out more and more by folk who can't be bothered to listen to my requirements.

Where did you used to park for free, with easy access, and a shopping trolley when you visited castle market?

Where do you park for free, with easy access, and a shopping trolley when you visit Chesterfield market?