The New Moor Market

The old market end now is becoming a no go area as everything has suffered with the market moving. Only Wilkinsons is keeping the area going. Heard Yorkshire Bank is shutting Haymarket and the Moor to concentrate on Fargate branch. Primark looking to move as well, anything below Castle Sq is going to become an eyesore.

Its a deliberate plan that all the healthy retail is to be consolidated. Retail will start at High street. They are then planning on knocking many of those buildings down and redeveloping the area. Surely preferable to what it had become?

The Haymarket is no go in the sense it remains a dump and theres even less to go down there for. Never felt it was no go in the sense of it being dangerous.

The bank closing in unrelated and a red herring. All banks have shut down a large portion of their branch hentworks in the last 20 years because of online banking and all most people need are access to cash machines.

Actually I've just run those journies through my head and getting to Chesterfield from Mosborough is a far better run than trying to access Sheffield City Centre. But I'd still go to Crystal Peaks anyhow.

Google says it's 20-21 minutes either way from Mosborough, Chesterfield is a little further, but takes about the same time.

Woodseats is only 10 minutes away from the new market, would've taken 13 to get to the old one & it takes 18 minutes to Chesterfield from Woodseats too. Mind you, it says there's a 10 minute holdup in Woodseats with the traffic right now, so at some times of day, if you were at the south end of Woodseats it would be quicker to get to Chesterfield than Sheffield. Nothing to do with the new market though, just the traffic planning in Woodseats is terrible.

Edited by anywebsite

Its pointless arguing with him. he cant admit to himself times have moved on and people prefer supermarkets.

He wont admit sheaf market failed and then his beloved castle market also failed becayse people shopped elsewhere.

His plans for success were some emulsion paint £115k worth ignoring the £12m structural repairs.

He also wants people to consider stalls outside castle market which were tried and failed.

He also blames the council for the destruction of his beloved egg box town hall and the piece gardens redevelopment. If he could turn Sheffield back to the 1800's where he resides, then he would.

---------- Post added 18-06-2014 at 23:10 ----------

Agreed and a few have (simmonites doing vvvv well, seafyre chippy and juicy patties). Cuttsie could start his own market which they could join and bring back the good old victorian times or earlier.

Good owd Trigger slagging of the poster while ignoring the post as usual.

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 15:17 ----------

No, but when you buy a bigger one, you don't complain it's doing worse than the sunk one because it only gets as many people using it.

Perhaps you will explain how the new Mall has some how grown in size.

Good owd Trigger slagging of the poster while ignoring the post as usual.

Merely pointing out he things you believe in and suggestions made.

Being stuck in the past and ignoring the money CM was losing plus the actual repair costs by saying you could sort it out with some emulsion paint makes you look ridiculous.

You cant admit things have changed from 30/50/100 years ago.

Edited by 999tigger

Being stuck in the past and ignoring the money CM was losing plus the actual repair costs by saying you could sort it out with some emulsion paint makes you look ridiculous.

Dont forget the new gents toilets!!!

Well one thing has changed and that is a thousand years of trading history in Sheffield.

Good planning that int it!

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 15:45 ----------

Dont forget the new gents toilets!!!

On thi bike incomer.

Don't knock the toilets. They are the only reason that I use the new market. I've been in 6 or 7 times but never actually saw anything that I would want to buy.

Im not on about the toilets in the new market, it refers to a post Cuttsie made a few weeks ago where he said that for £115k (?) he could have sorted out the old Castle Market, which consisted of spending £80k of it on new gents toilets and the rest on "a lick of paint" :loopy::loopy::hihi::hihi:

Im not on about the toilets in the new market, it refers to a post Cuttsie made a few weeks ago where he said that for £115k (?) he could have sorted out the old Castle Market, which consisted of spending £80k of it on new gents toilets and the rest on "a lick of paint" :loopy::loopy::hihi::hihi:

I'm not really interested in your personal campaign. I quite like the toilets in the new market. I told a lot of my friends who have young children so that they can use them too. There are too few toilets in town.