The New Moor Market

Well that's the meat stall stocked up.

Better hurry up as they're starting regeneration of it including "the redesign and redevelopment of the metropolitan centre and indoor market...".

http://alternativebarnsley.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/proposals-launched-for-barnsleys-new-look-town-centre/

I look forward to your thread in a couple of years slagging off Barnsley Market for being all poncy and middle-class.

Barnsley ,Land of massive chops where men are men and women are glad of em , and never a ponce to be seen ;)up to now that is.

Well that's the meat stall stocked up.

Better hurry up as they're starting regeneration of it including "the redesign and redevelopment of the metropolitan centre and indoor market...".

http://alternativebarnsley.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/proposals-launched-for-barnsleys-new-look-town-centre/

I look forward to your thread in a couple of years slagging off Barnsley Market for being all poncy and middle-class.

If Barnsley do the same with their market as Sheffield council have done with ours then I will be slagging it off too.

• 1 month later...

I had a small letter published in The Star recently in which I suggested that one way to increase footfall in the market would be to install The Head Post Office in there, I am sure this is a good idea and if the council can accept this they would hopefully be able to do something about it. There are many complaints about the market but it is here to stay and it is up to us to use it.

My biggest issue its its opening hours.

Stay open late and get that commuter foot fall on their way home, instead of them popping into Sainsburys, Aldi or Waitrose on their way back

Agreed. The Moor is closer and more practical for me to get to, but the number of times I've been to Simmonites to buy something for dinner purely because the Moor Market is closed by the time I leave work.