The New Moor Market

I have been in today and thought that the place is brilliant it is just a shame that it has been built away from the traditional Markets area.

The only drawback for me is that the cafe's are no longer confined to there own area space the result being that the concourse reminds me of the departure lounge at East Midland airport to impersonal and crowded.

The traders I spoke to where happy with how things are going I even got a smile from the J.B tools man[ first time ever] so things are looking up.

Well Cuttise if you're a convert I'm going to have to be impressed with it fella

I have been in today and thought that the place is brilliant it is just a shame that it has been built away from the traditional Markets area.

The only drawback for me is that the cafe's are no longer confined to there own area space the result being that the concourse reminds me of the departure lounge at East Midland airport to impersonal and crowded.

The traders I spoke to where happy with how things are going I even got a smile from the J.B tools man[ first time ever] so things are looking up.

Cuttsie i went in today and there was mixed feedback from the stallholders. The stars imo are the meat and fish stalls. The food area is a mess and like a poor mans oasis, worse than the food court that used to be in orchard square. There are a large number of vacant stall with no signage.

They should have had a website for the market including stalls. Marketing has been no more than a very slow twitter feed.

The cuty centre has to consolidate and the old market should have been shut a long time ago. All he stallkolders I spoke to said it had been on its knees for years and they needed to move.

Well Cuttise if you're a convert I'm going to have to be impressed with it fella

I liked the place but! it will never ever be as good as the Castle Market, its characters, its smells,its location,and its Architecture.

One thing that was an improvement is the gents lavs, it was quite a change to not have to stand six foot away when having a pee due to getting splashed from the full up trough.

I also missed the big pot sink in the Castle lavs where the boiling water would take the skin of your hands if you were not quick enough to shift.

I liked the place but! it will never ever be as good as the Castle Market, its characters, its smells,its location,and its Architecture.

One thing that was an improvement is the gents lavs, it was quite a change to not have to stand six foot away when having a pee due to getting splashed from the full up trough.

I also missed the big pot sink in the Castle lavs where the boiling water would take the skin of your hands if you were not quick enough to shift.

Cuttsie I agree to an extent but its only 2 days old. It can never have that 60s 70s working class feel because the building is brand new and shiny plus its single floor, so it doesnt have the twisty turny bits. Those days are past now, but the stalls were dying. All we cam hope for is new interesting stalls that make it more of a food hall with variety and not just tat.

Where were the genst I could never find them just those reserved for the staff. I used to nip into the co op or TJ hughes. I know there were ladies loos, but never saw the gents, but by your description just as well.

Cuttsie I agree to an extent but its only 2 days old. It can never have that 60s 70s working class feel because the building is brand new and shiny plus its single floor, so it doesnt have the twisty turny bits. Those days are past now, but the stalls were dying. All we cam hope for is new interesting stalls that make it more of a food hall with variety and not just tat.

Where were the genst I could never find them just those reserved for the staff. I used to nip into the co op or TJ hughes. I know there were ladies loos, but never saw the gents, but by your description just as well.

The gents was next to the Chip shop in the bottom corner , you could smell them from as far away as the cobblers on a good day.

Another example of the neglect bestowed on the Castle Market by its management and the Council.

I went today and I too think it is a great improvement. My only criticism is the place was too hot and the stall signs are too high. Looking forward to my next visit!

Great article in the Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/grub-street-the-borough-market-of-the-north-8965445.html

Good article better than the one in the Star.

Yes, very good article in The Independent. The other half went in yesterday, she thought it a big improvement on Castle Market. And the produce is competitively priced compared to the Supermarkets.

Mind you, I dropped her off at the 'back door' and waited on Sidney Street until she phoned for collection (!). Parking will be a problem.

But, hey, a good news story................