The New Moor Market

The council do know whats is under the old market we did it in school in the 50s, they also used some stone fron the old castle to build the old market as well, what they want to do now is excavate it and try and make it a tourist area.

Where about's was that stone used on the building of the Castle Market.

Where about's was that stone used on the building of the Castle Market.

Dont know we just got told about it from our teacher, didnt go into details of where the stones were used just that they were.

Just as an after thought if you walk up Blonk Street going towards the station, on the right hand side there was/is what looked like a concrete slope upto the market railings, the slope is/was about 6 foot long, i think there was some of the old castle stone in that.

Edited by kidley

not to worry , leigh bramall told us all there was a very long list of people wanting to open stalls in the new market . it must be a long list because they are still looking at it :suspect:

I inquired about a stall in the market when it first opened, I was told everything had to be done online, I was passed the tiniest piece of paper with a website on it, handwritten. The piece of paper was about 0.8mm by about 12cm.

When looking to open a stall, one would expect to be able fill in an a4 form, make a small payment and trade straight away on the day.

You wouldn't expect to be directed online and especially not by a scrap of paper with a handwritten website address.

Other than the truly excellent Beer Central (which offers something not available anywhere else in town) I'm not walking for 30 minutes or so to what may as well be North Dronfield. Just not central enough.

what does beer central offer that i couldn't buy at hunter's bar, archer road or hop hideout? all places where i can park for free.

I inquired about a stall in the market when it first opened, I was told everything had to be done online, I was passed the tiniest piece of paper with a website on it, handwritten. The piece of paper was about 0.8mm by about 12cm.

When looking to open a stall, one would expect to be able fill in an a4 form, make a small payment and trade straight away on the day.

You wouldn't expect to be directed online and especially not by a scrap of paper with a handwritten website address.

And then you had to forward your business plan !!!!! I mean a business plan from some folk who were first year immigrants or who had never been on a computer in their life :loopy: all that to run a Market stall , no wonder half the place is empty.