The New Moor Market

Unfortunately Beer Central on its own, as successful as it may be, will not make the market viable.

If we turned over the whole building over to Beer Central it would be very popular, they'd even have enough space to buy sufficient stock to offer Foxy Lady the same deals she can get at Asda. :help:

http://beta.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28123039

Sheffield Council said about one third of Castle Market's 90 traders made the move.

Traders were initially given free rent until May but this has recently been extended until August.

Now of the 190 stalls at the Moor Market, 162 (85%) are let and 29 (15%) are empty.

Thank you, but we were trying to compare £ subsidies castle with, moor subsidies. Although castle is all history now, neeek wanted a specific answer on which one was a bigger financial drag on the council based on actual figures.

Personally I don't really care, neeeek asked for it and I got involved by commenting.

Although 90% of traders moved, it does look like some of them have left after a while. But this is based on personal observation and I could be wrong.

We are all losers in this due to the complete utter incompetence of the council with the way they miss-managed the land with Scottish Widows.. We pay these idiots and they really don't have a clue.

I will continue to support the market, if people buy a few things from there instead of giving Tesco all their money then it stands a fighting chance.

Thank you, but we were trying to compare £ subsidies castle with, moor subsidies. Although castle is all history now, neeek wanted a specific answer on which one was a bigger financial drag on the council based on actual figures.

Personally I don't really care, neeeek asked for it and I got involved by commenting.

Although 90% of traders moved, it does look like some of them have left after a while. But this is based on personal observation and I could be wrong.

Actually it says only one in three traders from Castle Market made the move to the new market. The rest presumably took their businesses and loyal customer base elsewhere. We don't know how many of that small number of the old guard are still trading at the Moor Market, and how many quit after the rent free period.

Sorry, I made a mistake, the article said that 90 traders moved. Got confused because all the other figures had % behind it.

Thanks for that dutch, a Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you also dutch:thumbsup:

Sorry, I made a mistake, the article said that 90 traders moved. Got confused because all the other figures had % behind it.

Actually it said...

"Sheffield Council said about one third of Castle Market's 90 traders made the move", which sort of indicates that only around 30 of the traders from Castle Market made the switch. The rest as they say are new comers.