The New Moor Market

I never mentioned the haymarket , so wow primark will move to the moor ,and the the rest are sure to follow , what you mean the likes of jack fultons , b and m , Ladbrokes .£ savers and the rest ? yes that will be a well developed new shopping area

The Moor currently has Debenhams, Atkinsons, BHS, Sainsburys. They are all good places to shop.

It needs more footfall to make it work, that's all.

I never mentioned the haymarket , so wow primark will move to the moor ,and the the rest are sure to follow , what you mean the likes of jack fultons , b and m , Ladbrokes .£ savers and the rest ? yes that will be a well developed new shopping area

Yes it will. No place for snobbery here.

Sheffield gets the stores that people choose to buy in. Like it or not, at present, the predominant demand in Sheffield is economy and budget.

You want Prada and Selfridges on the High Street sometime soon? Go create the demand for it.

You couldn't make this stuff up! :roll:

Market traders in Sheffield will be setting up new stalls on Fargate in the city centre to showcase what the Moor Market has to offer.

maybe it would be better having a huge neon arrow at the top of fargate pointing a saying , MOOR MARKET THIS WAY / PLEASE COME

---------- Post added 03-02-2016 at 23:54 ----------

Yes it will. No place for snobbery here.

Sheffield gets the stores that people choose to buy in. Like it or not, at present, the predominant demand in Sheffield is economy and budget.

You want Prada and Selfridges on the High Street sometime soon? Go create the demand for it.

jumping the gun again , were have I been snobby ? you said all the shops from haymarket area would relocate to the moor area and make the moor a new great shopping area . for your information I still use all the shops I mentioned except the bookies

I really don't get why people are so unable to understand the concept of the event.

It's called advertising and surprisingly it works!

Hence we have Asda, Coca Cola, Sky and other brands setting up on Fargate to advertise their wares on a regular basis.

I've said it before and I'll say it again the majority on here won't be happy until the market closes and then they can complain about that as well.

I really don't get why people are so unable to understand the concept of the event.

It's called advertising and surprisingly it works!

Hence we have Asda, Coca Cola, Sky and other brands setting up on Fargate to advertise their wares on a regular basis.

I've said it before and I'll say it again the majority on here won't be happy until the market closes and then they can complain about that as well.

I think many people on here get some perverse pleasure out of things failing, I've never understood it either.

Although I can understand why council tax payers might want to complain about a failing project that they funded and which they will end up paying for for generations to come, rather like they did with the Student Games. Perhaps your comments would be more realistic if folk were complaining about something that is doing what it promised and delivering a return. But it isn't.

I think many people on here get some perverse pleasure out of things failing, I've never understood it either.

I don't think that is the case but more of a case of saying "I told you so" to a Council that does not take notice of its voters and just charges ahead with plans that seem doomed to failure.

How many times has this council had projects put forward by it that have ended in failure with the taxpayer then having to foot the bill?