The New Moor Market

well its the second time i being in there today since it opened . i use to go to old market every week as it was handy. the new market offers very little choice lots empty stalls .over priced the ones that are there .and lots of stalls selling same stuff. example birthday cards there are at lease two shops on moor selling them and 2 in the market how many cards dose one want.

i was in Leicester over the weekend spent 2 to 3 hours looking around market think Sheffield council need to visit other markets its a shame full hole

Tomorrow Barnsley market will have its tat day on the outside section it will be packed just as the old Castle Market was on Mondays when the outside section did the same.

The Council decided that it did not want those type of traders outside its flagship building and are now reaping the reward.

A market needs this type of diversity to bring in the customers ,all the surrounding Towns have tat days.

, Sheffield has its head up its Aristotle.

well its the second time i being in there today since it opened . i use to go to old market every week as it was handy. the new market offers very little choice lots empty stalls .over priced the ones that are there .and lots of stalls selling same stuff. example birthday cards there are at lease two shops on moor selling them and 2 in the market how many cards dose one want.

i was in Leicester over the weekend spent 2 to 3 hours looking around market think Sheffield council need to visit other markets its a shame full hole

Maybe its the TRADERS who need to visit other markets to see hows it done.

What has the choice of goods and price got to do with the Council?

Maybe its the TRADERS who need to visit other markets to see hows it done.

What has the choice of goods and price got to do with the Council?

To get a stall at the market, at least when it opened, you had to have a business plan vetted and approved by the council.

After all, they did not want stalls to open and then disappear the week after.

The choice of goods on sale is to ensure that the market does not end up with 200 stalls all selling meat. A diverse product range is required if the market has any chance to succeed.

To get a stall at the market, at least when it opened, you had to have a business plan vetted and approved by the council.

After all, they did not want stalls to open and then disappear the week after.

The choice of goods on sale is to ensure that the market does not end up with 200 stalls all selling meat. A diverse product range is required if the market has any chance to succeed.

That plan worked out well. :rolleyes:

Got some fruit and veg there Friday afternoon. Looked like a ghost town, thought Friday used to be one of busiest days on castle?

This does not mean castle could have been saved, they just should not have put new one on moor looking like some fancy upper class market with same prices as supermarkets.

Got some fruit and veg there Friday afternoon. Looked like a ghost town, thought Friday used to be one of busiest days on castle?

This does not mean castle could have been saved, they just should not have put new one on moor looking like some fancy upper class market with same prices as supermarkets.

I suppose it may depend what time you went. I go around 1230 to 1.30 PM and it is busy then. I don't really take to much notice of price, it's the vastly superior quality I find there when compared to a supermarket, although I do think the so called markets at Fargate

are really overpriced.

Edited by spilldig