The New Moor Market

So, how long before the Moor goes all trashy and ghetto?

About 10 years ago - The Moor's been a dive second only to the old Markets area for a long time, and is still full of tat! At least there's some hope it'll be spruced up now.

Reading one of the other posts on here about Argos being out on a limb, seems odd them closing their Moor branch, and then being stuck with the Angel Street branch with reducing footfall...

In the new markets, it's a shame they didn't provide more walkway space around the butchers, as these were the busier stalls (although there are perhaps too many of these, and some look distinctly second rate in comparison to others, and the queues (or lack of them at some stalls) suggests others felt the same.

I didn't like the food court area, looks very shabby and thrown together... and overall the market was a little too hot (as Meadowhall usually is). But there were plenty in there, so hopefully when the many empty stalls are filled, the crowds won't be as heavily packed around the meat stalls.

One old chap pointed at all the vacant stalls with their shutters down and commented to us... 'you could drive a car in here, with all these garages' :)

This is supposed to be a topic on the new market not a debate on chavs and druggies and such,if you all want to chuck your rattles out of your prams find another topic to do it on.

Bullerboy the chav debate is relevant to the market thread as that was the problem with the old market and why a lot of people didnt go in. It was full of chavs. Hopefully it being at the moor end might give it something of a new lease of life.

Only down side I hear on this thread is that Wilkos is moving. Now I dont mind Wilkos as a shop and I do shop there but if more shops at that end of town move to this end of town it will be just like it was before the market moved.

Only down side I hear on this thread is that Wilkos is moving. Now I dont mind Wilkos as a shop and I do shop there but if more shops at that end of town move to this end of town it will be just like it was before the market moved.

As far as I know, having seen the plans, all that is coming down and a big new developments is going up. This will include houses, restaurants, bars, flats and open spaces as well as the ruins of the castle.

Bullerboy the chav debate is relevant to the market thread as that was the problem with the old market and why a lot of people didnt go in. It was full of chavs. Hopefully it being at the moor end might give it something of a new lease of life.

Tell me what a chav is .

I can then decide if this species occupied the Castle Market.

Tell me what a chav is .

I can then decide if this species occupied the Castle Market.

It's not up for you to decide, although you are entitled to your opinion. Sure, you can be part of the opinion but I suspect the weight of opinion is not on your side.

It's not up for you to decide, although you are entitled to your opinion. Sure, you can be part of the opinion but I suspect the weight of opinion is not on your side.

Is this meant to make sense?

Why not supply us with an opinion or some logic mecky? Seems to me you completely missed what cuttsie was saying and the way it was being expressed.

Sheffield forum seems to be populated with some form of royalty who think they are better than everyone else and comment on CM in an authoritative way, but at the same time insist they never used it. As long as people dont rob or assault me and generally leave me to go about shopping unhindered, then I dont care what social or educational background they have or how much money, their skin colour or generally what they look like.

If you have such prejudice, then stick to meadowhall (they shop there as well) or sending out your personal shopper.