The New Moor Market

Have been in several times and found it to be pretty good so far. Good range of fresh meat, fish and veg. Didn't see much in the free range/organic category which is a shame but this may come in time. Great food area which has been packed every time I've been. The whole place has a good atmosphere and some of the stalls are doing a roaring trade. Great mix of people in there

Couple of negatives - small stalls/units and some tight areas to get through. No wi-fi which seems a bit daft.

Overall though a great addition to the area and another giant stride in the development of the city centre.

Just asked them about free WI-FI on Twitter and they said:

Free Wifi was ordered last March, O2 now promising to deliver by end January, not happy.

Also asked them about more organic stalls, they said they have over 50 applications to go through so looks like they will.

The free wi fi should cover the entire moor area.

Bedrock that should be looks like they might or could.

Walked past again and its absolutely outrageous an ridiculours where they have put the ice cream stall. You have the newsagent , wool and bag shops in the entrance or things like photography and mobile phones near the food.

Their ice cream is quite expensive, so it will be an impulse / treat buy. It so needed to be near the food court or in the entrance. Feel really sorry for them.

The free wi fi should cover the entire moor area.

Bedrock that should be looks like they might or could.

Walked past again and its absolutely outrageous an ridiculours where they have put the ice cream stall. You have the newsagent , wool and bag shops in the entrance or things like photography and mobile phones near the food.

Their ice cream is quite expensive, so it will be an impulse / treat buy. It so needed to be near the food court or in the entrance. Feel really sorry for them.

Maybe you should write a letter to the powers that be, maybe you could persuade them to implement permanent free parking :hihi:

Many cities have zones with free wi fi. If it is only in the market then it will mean people wont move from it which creates more of a problem than it solves, especially in the food area where they need to free up spots so new customers can get a seat. If there are more bars and cafes when the cinema comes then people might stay around the moor and spend money.

Uf Free parking is what you want, then its for you to take up.

I went in today for the first time and on the whole liked what I saw, clean, bright and a good variety of goods. I didn't think to take note of where the toilets were but found the place easy enough to navigate. Still a few empty stalls but not as many as expected after reading this thread and although the place was busy it wasn't a squash . Didn't ask about the building design as the info desk had a small queue and I know when I go with one lass there's one stall with nice sparkly things that is going to grab her attention.

The lack of free wifi in the new markets has to be the most ridiculous complaint so far.

You're right WiFi is not essential. A more useful facility for the markets would be for the customers to plug in their electronic tags.