The New Moor Market

Are there still 3 fishmongers like there were in the old markets? They were the main attraction for me, a good selection of fresh fish at a decent price.

The fishmongers in supermarkets are abysmal, apart from Waitrose on a good day.

Are there still 3 fishmongers like there were in the old markets? They were the main attraction for me, a good selection of fresh fish at a decent price.

The fishmongers in supermarkets are abysmal, apart from Waitrose on a good day.

One thing about CM the fish stalls were brilliant, and most of the fresh meat ones.

You mean from outside or on here?

Go for yourself and make your own mind up.

On here, on twitter, on the Sheffield star website, people saying it's like Crystal peaks market etc with no character, I've seen the images and to be honest I liked the Castle market more, even though it was run down, should have done it up...

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 20:16 ----------

Don't say DJ is in charge:hihi:

Don't know about bad reports Look North said it had 25k going through the doors today

Obviously people will be curious, people can't really have an opinion till they have seen it I suppose but I've read loads of comments saying it's rubbish...

On here, on twitter, on the Sheffield star website, people saying it's like Crystal peaks market etc with no character, I've seen the images and to be honest I liked the Castle market more, even though it was run down, should have done it up...

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 20:16 ----------

Obviously people will be curious, people can't really have an opinion till they have seen it I suppose but I've read loads of comments saying it's rubbish...

Time will tell Matt, I said it'd have a good footfall at 1st it's new.

You need to understand the vast majority of market stalls are the community that was in Castle market, so its just Castle market under a new roof with a few new stalls.

A lot of moaners are people who never used the market anyway.

Character takes time to build and Castle market was filthy plus falling apart. In a few years time a lot of the stalls will have moved on and new ones moved in. That will be when the free rent period ends. Its a nice site, although not as big as I expected. Someone mentioned the plan for a second level connected to the car park, whcih would have been great. Good, meat fruit and veg downstairs, hairdressers, photographers, mobile phones, craft shopps, cafes etc up stairs.