The New Moor Market

Mobile phone accessories, Betting Shops, Cash for Gold and modern day Pawn shops and if you are really luck a couple of charity shops and of course like the city centre itself some empty shops, with out of tune buskers in the doorways.

Sad, but true I expect. What with the old courthouse rotting away across the road, it will make for a pleasant bit of town. Its like a forgotten area.:mad:

120 is one of the most popular routes & it's never been an express, I'm sure regular bus passengers are used to being delayed. The 120 goes to Broomhill after town, so it wouldn't be going much further to go near the moor.

Why just the 120? Why not loads of other buses or is it just the one you catch? The 120 incidentally goes to Fulwood. Some terminate at the Hallamshire but many carry on.

A plan is only as good as those charged with implementing it, namely SCC in this case.

We're doomed.

Well, the plan seems bad & vague. It's not a good plan & SCC are implementing it.

they just want to knock it all down & turn it into fields, including the old co-op building, apparently this will attract unspecified 'high value investment'.

Never going to work, it'll be a derelict wasteland.

Maybe chem1st can turn it into a shanty town, I'd trust him more than SCC.

Your lot have got it wrong!

When the demolition of The Castle Market is finished [at the cost of millions inc building the nisson hut at Moor Foot] The Sheffield historical society will move onto the site with Tyzack pointing trowels [sold in the old Market] they will then start to scratch around below the footings of the now gone historical Market area.

This great hole will be at least twenty foot down as that is how deep the footings for The Castle Market was.

When they have been on site for three years they will find a safety helmet with William Moss and sons stamped on the front plus my brick hammer [swift Levicks] lost in 1959] two animal bone buttons and a lady's skeleton still wearing a rusty chasticy belt [ivanhoe's tart] this will be reported on Look North . Radio Sheffield will also do a full length morning programe hosted by Toby Foster and including Rhony Robinson who is the stations expert on all things chasticy belting.

The hole will start to fill with water as it will now be 16 feet below the rivers Don and Sheaf [the old time Castle Architects were very good at moats] .

The Council will then decide to fill in the hole and use the land for an open Market area .

Edited by cuttsie
old Chauser English spelling

Why just the 120? Why not loads of other buses or is it just the one you catch? The 120 incidentally goes to Fulwood. Some terminate at the Hallamshire but many carry on.

I rarely catch any buses, I was responding to other posters, but yes, there are a lot of buses that go to Haymarket rather than going near where the council has decided to allow us to shop now. They should maybe go past the shops, it'd make sense.

The tram is harder to divert.

---------- Post added 02-02-2014 at 20:22 ----------

Your lot have got it wrong!

When the demolition of The Castle Market is finished [at the cost of millions inc building the nisson hut at Moor Foot] The Sheffield historical society will move onto the site with Tyzack pointing trowels [sold in the old Market] they will then start to scratch around below the footings of the now gone historical Market area.

This great hole will be at least twenty foot down as that is how deep the footings for The Castle Market where.

When they have been on site for three years they will find a safety helmet with William Moss and sons stamped on the front plus my brick hammer [swift Levicks] lost in 1959] two animal bone buttons and a lady's skeleton still wearing a rusty chasticy belt [ivanhoe's tart] this will be reported on Look North . Radio Sheffield will do a full length morning programe hosted by Toby Foster and including Rhony Robinson who is the stations expert on all things chasticy belting.

The hole will start to fill with water as it will now be 16 feet below the rivers Don and Sheaf [the old time Castle Architects where very good at moats] .

The Council will then decide to fill in the hole and use the land for an open Market area .

That's the optimist's view at least. I'm not sure it'll be that successful.

Edited by anywebsite

I have passed the new Market on three occasions last week [around ten thirty P.M.] I noticed that the whole place was still lit up like a Christmas tree even at that time .

I mentioned this to a market worker today and he laughed and told me that the maintainance team do not know how to turn the lights off ,[if so the electicity bill will be going hrough the roof]

Perhaps he was having me on ! or is he.

Apart from this how much longer will it take for the management to select from among the hundreds of applications for stalls that they told us about just two months ago as many are still empty .

Edited by cuttsie

The hole will start to fill with water as it will now be 16 feet below the rivers Don and Sheaf [the old time Castle Architects were very good at moats] .

While I admire your stoic cynicism, once the area is cleared the council will easily be able to find developers willing to build offices and/or flats. While their vision outlined in their action plan of a multi use area is little more than a city planner's wet dream, there's clearly a demand for modern office space and flats in the city centre. I can't see developers letting empty land go to waste and let's face it the council will be more than willing to take their money.