The New Moor Market

If he runs a business then would he be incapable of asking for assistance in filling out the forms? he could have asked the market management or he could have asked anyone who was a friend who spoke his language or one to any of the copmmunity associations. It seems more like he couldnt be bothered by the way you tell it.

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 18:39 ----------

Update

Crawshaws will be staying in the market as well as opening the shop on the Moor.

It Looks like one of the major fishmongers has quit. I think there were 3 including Tissingtons.

I am told there are now 30 empty units, but at the same time people actually trying to rent them. It is curious about why it is taking so long? Maybe it isnt the market, but the applicants who have to get their finances in order etc. Am still a bit mystified why they couldnt have gotten all this sorted out sooner when the site was known about for years?

Did you actually have a look at the requirements and business plan that the council needed from prospective stallholders?

Its not a good sign if stalls are quitting with the market less than four months old and with rents still being subsidised.

If he runs a business then would he be incapable of asking for assistance in filling out the forms? He could have asked the market management or he could have asked anyone who was a friend who spoke his language or one to any of the copmmunity associations. It seems more like he couldn't be bothered by the way you tell it.

Trigger, I am telling it how it is ! Or was.

He was bothered and upset .,By your tone it seems as though you think I am making it up .if so say so and then I will stop answering your posts.

Edited by cuttsie

Did you actually have a look at the requirements and business plan that the council needed from prospective stallholders?

Its not a good sign if stalls are quitting with the market less than four months old and with rents still being subsidised.

I have seen the basic requirements of making a case why you are unique and what you bring to the market. SWOT diagram. Bank guarantees/ finance checks. Do you mean more detailed than that? it all looked pretty standard. Id wait two years to see how it unfolds as it has to adjust and change to find its feet. Oh and btw i'd like them to succeed.

Cuttsie nothing in there to say i disbelieve you. I am just pointing out immigrant or not then if he had a viable business he doesnt seem to have done much to help himself by asking someone who can speak the language whether he could get assistance in filling out the form. You make it sound like he was hard done by when It looks like he didnt make the effort to ask anyone even the people who ran the market. They only want businesses that are viable.

I have seen the basic requirements of making a case why you are unique and what you bring to the market. SWOT diagram. Bank guarantees/ finance checks. Do you mean more detailed than that? it all looked pretty standard. Id wait two years to see how it unfolds as it has to adjust and change to find its feet. Oh and btw i'd like them to succeed.

Cuttsie nothing in there to say i disbelieve you. I am just pointing out immigrant or not then if he had a viable business he doesnt seem to have done much to help himself by asking someone who can speak the language whether he could get assistance in filling out the form. You make it sound like he was hard done by when It looks like he didnt make the effort to ask anyone even the people who ran the market. They only want businesses that are viable.

He applied for a stall in the new Market, he used to run a very successful stall in the Castle Market he did not need a business plan to alter shirts,trousers, frocks and jackets his skill was evident for all to see inc his many customers.

He is not the only one who was found not to be a suitable candidate to warrant a stall in the new Mall, two very good friends of mine[ who had a unique business ] also could not be accommodated due to rules and regulations that did not apply at the Castle Market.

He applied for a stall in the new Market, he used to run a very successful stall in the Castle Market he did not need a business plan to alter shirts,trousers, frocks and jackets his skill was evident for all to see inc his many customers.

He is not the only one who was found not to be a suitable candidate to warrant a stall in the new Mall, two very good friends of mine[ who had a unique business ] also could not be accommodated due to rules and regulations that did not apply at the Castle Market.

He needed one because thats what was required in the application package. Just jump through the hoops like everyone else. If he has such a good business then he should find himself a small unit and start up elsewhere. I'm not saying I agree with the market management, but times move on and you have to adapt to what they want. A good business plan is the way you convince people that you are viable. If you just say I disagree and im not playing by your rules, then they dont let you play at all.

He needed one because thats what was required in the application package. Just jump through the hoops like everyone else. If he has such a good business then he should find himself a small unit and start up elsewhere. I'm not saying I agree with the market management, but times move on and you have to adapt to what they want. A good business plan is the way you convince people that you are viable. If you just say I disagree and im not playing by your rules, then they dont let you play at all.

Trigger tha't a star.

Makes you I wonder if the business plan the council put together for the new market envisaged so many empty stalls at this stage?

It seems very strange after telling us how there was so many applicants for the stalls.

Perhaps they are being to choosy after all a Market is just a place for folk to trade without to many restrictions and without pretending to be some thing it is not. Upmarket:confused:

Wait two years to see how it unfolds?

The council wanted a five year business plan from potential stallholders, very difficult to do with an established business never mind a new start up where footfall and stall take up appear to have been over estimated by the council.

Full requirements from the council are/were as follows:

Business Plan

Use the pro-forma business plan to ensure all that we need to deal with your application has been included.

The majority of the allocation score will come from the contents of your business plan therefore it is essential the plan covers the following areas:

Evidence of viability and experience.

Solvency and funding (commitment into your fit out costs of any Landlord and Tenant Act compensation you are due).

Consideration of internal and external influences, threats and opportunities through the use of SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis.

Your unique selling point, i.e. what differentiates you and your business from the rest?

A forward plan over the next 5 year period and how you intend to develop your business.

How you intend to market and promote yourself and your business.

Financial projections, short and medium term.

Customer base now and in the future. Do you see yourself as serving budget, mainstream or premium range target audiences?

Range of suppliers.

Stall design (walk in or over counter serve, self serve, fitting room, etc) and diagrams, sketches, photographs.

Full details of goods to be sold or service to be provided.

What is your policy on complaints and returns?

Methods of payment accepted or to be accepted.

If a café, sample menu, what niche?

Proof of Food Hygiene Certification (score 3 or above only is acceptable).

Public liability insurance (National Market Traders Federation or other)?

If you are a new trader, you need to be aware that we will be taking up a credit reference on you via Experian, and you will also need to provide a supplier or other business reference at the time of application.