The New Moor Market

I love how Cuttsie gets all offended at the mere mention of some people who frequented the old market as being "ne'er do wells", yet has no problem describing the wares of some of the old stall holders as "tat" in post #871.

Doube standards ahoy!

Even Mark who has the Tat stall describes his stuff as tat.

Any one who knows the tat Market mob knows the terminology .

Smashing user name by the way .

An opinion is an opinion as is demonstrated by your post and may I add has a familiar opinion as usual.

Whatever. I was writing a lengthy response but I just thought, what's the point? I pray you move on soon and start living your life, because at the moment I can't imagine you are. I think you're too busy bemoaning the loss of something you loved (fair enough) but don't do that for too long...

Whatever. I was writing a lengthy response but I just thought, what's the point? I pray you move on soon and start living your life, because at the moment I can't imagine you are. I think you're too busy bemoaning the loss of something you loved (fair enough) but don't do that for too long...

Reminds self not to bother writing long posts and cries > see stupid property thread.

Your concern for my welfare is touching ,However don't let if get in the way of a good rant .

---------- Post added 22-02-2014 at 19:47 ----------

Tat doesnt show any diresepect, think it just means cheapish odds and ends that you dont find in mainstream shops. Probably questionable quality.

Thats it! Some people love tat [i have piles and piles of the stuff [ just last monday I bought a timex watch with half a strap and no winder 50 pence] from the Exchange Street market I will shove it in the drawer with the rest of the crap .

Who knows one day I may even attempt to mend it.

---------- Post added 22-02-2014 at 22:53 ----------

I can't help wondering about the new market and whether it has been thought through. Sure it is crowded at the moment. That is because there is a novelty of the new building, but also because it is far smaller.

However long term it does have a few major disadvantages over the shabby old market. Castle Market was a 1 minute walk from Supertram and a 5 minute walk from Sheffield's main bus station. The same cannot be said of the new market.

I wonder if it will still be busy when the novelty has worn off .

Time will tell.

I for one think the new market is great, so much brighter and spacious than Castle Market. I'm sure it will kick some life into that end of town which really needed something doing to it

More spacious it is not.

As for that end of Town well there is no point in giving preference to that end at the expense of what has been the traditional trading area for centuries .

More spacious it is not.

As for that end of Town well there is no point in giving preference to that end at the expense of what has been the traditional trading area for centuries .

I actually agree with you on most things cuttsie, even though i'm 100% happy the Castle market has shut down. That area has huge potential for redevelopment, something the Moor area lacked imo. It'll come good for the "traditional area" if the council get it right, and amongst other things i'd love to see a small museum there detailing it's history.

I think a lot of average people stayed away from the Castle market for fear of it's chav reputation, which was wholly unjust imo, and a real shame. these days though image is everything, and there's no denying it had a bad rep.

I actually agree with you on most things cuttsie, even though i'm 100% happy the Castle market has shut down. That area has huge potential for redevelopment, something the Moor area lacked imo. It'll come good for the "traditional area" if the council get it right, and amongst other things i'd love to see a small museum there detailing it's history.

I think a lot of average people stayed away from the Castle market for fear of it's chav reputation, which was wholly unjust imo, and a real shame. these days though image is everything, and there's no denying it had a bad rep.

Lots of areas in Sheffield have a bad reputation sometimes due to people who have never lived in em or even ventured there.

The Castle Market was one such place.