The New Moor Market

Which of the beers from Beer Central can you buy for £1 from your local shop?

The beer snobbery trend that is currently circulating among the chattering classes is cringe worthy to say the least.

You can see and hear the new species of real ale suppers and sniffers in the old terrace and Industrial area pubs now converted into the place to be seen and heard.

The new species will be seen to order a pint of Old Sheep Shag or Buffers Bloomers or any other of the hundreds of over priced fancy label new brass pumped ,cloudy ,heart burn crap that arises daily from the latest micro brewery.

The man or woman in Question usually holds up the pint of Sheep Shag to the light ,studies the swirling cloud of still fermenting Tosh ,he [or she] then takes a delicate sip before looking around with amazed expressions as they wipe the dribble from a beard [usually ginger] .

The species then sits at a table with at least six other sheep shag suppers and wins the quiz cheering loudly and completely ignoring the fact that they are all graduates from the Hallam University and have been competing against the local ragmen , postmen [and women] and assorted building and steel workers [ex that is].

These fancy beers can be obtained in the Aldi and Liddl supermarkets at a quid a bottle and are only supped at home by the above defeated quiz members after they arrive home from the said pub where they have supped ten pints of Stones OR Magnet .

Fancy Beer it gives you the shytees.

Edited by cuttsie

] .

The species then sits at a table with at least six other sheep shag suppers and wins the quiz cheering loudly and completely ignoring the fact that are all graduates from the Hallam University and have been competing against the local ragmen , postmen [and women] and assorted building and steel workers [ex that is].

What a ridiculous idea.

Hallam University... quiz... win... pah:)

The beer snobbery trend that is currently circulating among the chattering classes is cringe worthy to say the least.

You can see and hear the new species of real ale suppers and sniffers in the old terrace and Industrial area pubs now converted into the place to be seen and heard.

The new species will be seen to order a pint of Old Sheep Shag or Buffers Bloomers or any other of the hundreds of over priced fancy label new brass pumped ,cloudy ,heart burn crap that arises daily from the latest micro brewery.

The man or woman in Question usually holds up the pint of Sheep Shag to the light ,studies the swirling cloud of still fermenting Tosh ,he [or she] then takes a delicate sip before looking around with amazed expressions as they wipe the dribble from a beard [usually ginger] .

The species then sits at a table with at least six other sheep shag suppers and wins the quiz cheering loudly and completely ignoring the fact that they are all graduates from the Hallam University and have been competing against the local ragmen , postmen [and women] and assorted building and steel workers [ex that is].

These fancy beers can be obtained in the Aldi and Liddl supermarkets at a quid a bottle and are only supped at home by the above defeated quiz members after they arrive home from the said pub where they have supped ten pints of Stones OR Magnet .

Fancy Beer it gives you the ****es.

It's all been done before - and so much better:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbet/sets/72157622424696300/detail/

It's all been done before - and so much better:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbet/sets/72157622424696300/detail/

Well The local toss pots can not compete with Viz or Waz or whatever other intellectual journal that YOU have to buy to read.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 21:05 ----------

What a ridiculous idea.

Hallam University... quiz... win... pah:)

O.K. I should have said The Market Management quiz team along with the city planners dept.

Edited by cuttsie

Couple of the local ones.

Name them, bet you can't.

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 23:36 ----------

Fancy Beer it gives you the shytees.

Look at the successes in recent years versus the failures.

How many real ale, free hold pubs have shut, how many have opened?

cf How many tenanted tied pubs have shut, how many have opened?

I bet The Blake, The Kelham Island Tav, The Wellie etc are crying in their real ale with a full pub whilst you're at home dreaming of that Trophy Bitter moment :gag:

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 23:36 ----------

Look at the successes in recent years versus the failures.

How many real ale, free hold pubs have shut, how many have opened?

cf How many tenanted tied pubs have shut, how many have opened?

I bet The Blake, The Kelham Island Tav, The Wellie etc are crying in their real ale with a full pub whilst you're at home dreaming of that Trophy Bitter moment :gag:

Supt int Blake for years it was proper Stoneses and always packed to the Rafters with steelworkers, Building workers, all locals at the early bar not a beard in sight.

If you mean the Wellie on Infirmary Road then that was Trophy but always had to compete with the Nags Head [Wards] and Ship [stoneses].

Now't new about full pubs the difference is in the ones you mention the the customers have changed.

As for the Kelham Island Tavern never heard of it is it a new build.

No beardy real ale fans here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10377594/Meet-the-women-snubbing-trendy-wine-bars-for-a-cosy-real-ale-pub.html

And a good reception for Beer Central when they went to Seven Hills Women's Institute:

https://www.facebook.com/laura.bainbridge1/media_set?set=a.10151891633017046.1073741874.521837045&type=1

Real Ale Twits (SIC) or Real Ale MILFs? I know which I prefer!

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 10:26 ----------

These fancy beers can be obtained in the Aldi and Liddl supermarkets at a quid a bottle

As someone who shops in Aldi, they sell Brains SA, Hobgoblin, Banks, Newcastle Brown, and the odd ale from Wychwood. All are around £1.40.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/drinks/ales-lager-and-cider/ales/

If you think they're "fancy beers", you know little about beer.

You pay £2.60 for yours and I'll continue to pay £1 for mine.

I've no need to pay £2.60 for a local beer from a local market, when I can pay £1 for a local beer from a local shop. Especially when both local beers are brewed in the same place.

You pay £2.60 for yours and I'll continue to pay £1 for mine.

I've no need to pay £2.60 for a local beer from a local market, when I can pay £1 for a local beer from a local shop. Especially when both local beers are brewed in the same place.

I see you still can't name a beer that is sold in Beer Central that you can buy for £1 at your local shop.

Do I take it that you made that claim up?

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 12:29 ----------

As for the Kelham Island Tavern never heard of it is it a new build.

Which really does tell us all we need to know about your knowledge of pubs and beer.

I see you still can't name a beer that is sold in Beer Central that you can buy for £1 at your local shop.

Do I take it that you made that claim up?

Wentworth and Acorn brewery's beers.

I'll let other posters confirm this rather than exchange pointless comments.

If I could be bothered to travel back to Sheffield and spend multiple hours with a pen and paper I'm sure I could find many other beers being sold there for much cheaper elsewhere too.

Are you happy paying £2.60 for a beer that you could buy for £1?