The New Moor Market

The beer snobbery trend that is currently circulating among the chattering classes is cringe worthy to say the least.

I couldn't agree more.

My brother was appalled at me for putting a bottle of Bishops Finger in the fridge to cool down. Must admit I brew me own these day as its far cheaper than paying £2.60 a bottle.

The beer snobbery trend that is currently circulating among the chattering classes is cringe worthy to say the least.

You seem to be suffering from a bad case of beer snobbery yourself.

That and you sound like a very bitter old man. I wish someone would invent a time machine so we could send you back 50 years just to cheer you up a bit, all this negativity about the world changing can't be good for your health.

Well The local toss pots can not compete with Viz or Waz or whatever other intellectual journal that YOU have to buy to read.

I've never heard of anyone before thinking Viz is intellectual. I think Viz could create a character based on someone so dim they find the Daily Sport a bit too abstruse; SF's Cuttsie - Brains like a Carsey.

That and you sound like a very bitter old man. I wish someone would invent a time machine so we could send you back 50 years just to cheer you up a bit, all this negativity about the world changing can't be good for your health.

He doesn't like someone because of the beer they drink

How utterly pathetic can you get??

Nice beer debate, if not off topic, though I'm as guilty of that myself at times.

Keg, bottle, can and vat its all a matter of personal taste. And in each of those cases the product is very consistent.

Each to their own I say but for me you can't beat Cask, subtly different in every venue. Back then running a pub was one thing, keeping a good cellar was what mattered.

Too many, one time widely available and popular draught beers lost forever it seems.

John Smith's Bitter and Magnet

Stones Bitter

Tetley's Double Diamond and Mild

Whitbread's Trophy

The Frog and Parrot.. when it had a Frog and Parrot had some really good beers.

Roger and Out being the one of choice for me.

Beer, like nostalgia, is not what it used to be.

No beardy real ale fans here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10377594/Meet-the-women-snubbing-trendy-wine-bars-for-a-cosy-real-ale-pub.html

And a good reception for Beer Central when they went to Seven Hills Women's Institute:

https://www.facebook.com/laura.bainbridge1/media_set?set=a.10151891633017046.1073741874.521837045&type=1

Real Ale Twits (SIC) or Real Ale MILFs? I know which I prefer!

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 10:26 ----------

As someone who shops in Aldi, they sell Brains SA, Hobgoblin, Banks, Newcastle Brown, and the odd ale from Wychwood. All are around £1.40.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/drinks/ales-lager-and-cider/ales/

If you think they're "fancy beers", you know little about beer.

All those ladies have beards.

The only thing I know about beer is that I have supped enough of it to float a battle ship.

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 16:39 ----------

Good old Detox posting insults as usual and ignoring the subject in hand.

Being nasty is not good for ones health you know although I know how to cure the affliction .

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 16:41 ----------

I've never heard of anyone before thinking Viz is intellectual. I think Viz could create a character based on someone so dim they find the Daily Sport a bit too abstruse; SF's Cuttsie - Brains like a Carsey.

Another member of MENSA pops up .

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 16:51 ----------

He doesn't like someone because of the beer they drink

How utterly pathetic can you get??

You must be joking I love em especially when they are discussing the latest sushi restaurant while the locals pass around the pork pie and dripping cake.

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 16:54 ----------

Bitter old man ... Utterly pathetic

Let's keep it sociable lads, after all we all have opinions.

On the rare occasion [furnace sweat work] I have been known to supp mild.:)

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 16:56 ----------

Nice beer debate, if not off topic, though I'm as guilty of that myself at times.

Keg, bottle, can and vat its all a matter of personal taste. And in each of those cases the product is very consistent.

Each to their own I say but for me you can't beat Cask, subtly different in every venue. Back then running a pub was one thing, keeping a good cellar was what mattered.

Too many, one time widely available and popular draught beers lost forever it seems.

John Smith's Bitter and Magnet

Stones Bitter

Tetley's Double Diamond and Mild

Whitbread's Trophy

The Frog and Parrot.. when it had a Frog and Parrot had some really good beers.

Roger and Out being the one of choice for me.

Beer, like nostalgia, is not what it used to be.

Roger an out only served in halves for your own safety.