The New Moor Market

Apples and pears though. Its an oudoor market which has a large traditional open free space. It doesnt have the competing interests or retail mix of Sheffield. Rents are high becayse of the shiny building but also because that site has real commercial value.

Some stalls are doing a lot better than others because they have identified their niche.

It will take 2-3 years for the picture to become clearer. By then many of the market stalls will have ceased. I expect they have a plan as top what to do afterwards.

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 13:56 ----------

The difference is that Sheffield Council need the stall holders to pay for the 16 million loan plus the 50 odd million interest.

Don Valley all over again and the winners are the Money lenders.

Cuttsie if your idea of having it in Exchange street was so good, then why didnt the market in that very spot thrive?

Apples and pears though. Its an oudoor market which has a large traditional open free space. It doesnt have the competing interests or retail mix of Sheffield. Rents are high becayse of the shiny building but also because that site has real commercial value.

Some stalls are doing a lot better than others because they have identified their niche.

It will take 2-3 years for the picture to become clearer. By then many of the market stalls will have ceased. I expect they have a plan as top what to do afterwards.

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 13:56 ----------

Cuttsie if your idea of having it in Exchange street was so good, then why didnt the market in that very spot thrive?

It did trigger, for a thousand years.

Afraid not cuttise. the reason they closed sheafmarket is becayse it didnt have enough trade as people preferre to shop in supermarkets. They tried the exchange street site and not enough people went.

Everyone else was combined in castle market. Yet again it declined because fewer people shopped in traditional markets and they preferred to shop at supermarkets where they could get all their weekly shop and use things like cars. Things move on. If the sheffield public was so keen, then they wouldnt have stopped using markets.

I think they practiced that plan with the registry office, the town hall extension and Don Valley Stadium.

I think they practiced that plan with the registry office, the town hall extension and Don Valley Stadium.

wouldnt surprise me, cant say ive been impressed with many of the things they have done or obvious mistakes made. that's why i was interested in that interview with the manager explaining all the empty stalls as they were claiming it was sold out.

You will need 2-3 years to get rid of some of the stalls though. Might mean its more of a food court than a market.

In 3 weeks we wont have too :(

Why does everyone in this country have a sense of 'entitlement'

Why should the buses be free? If its free then its a luxury. If it gets cancelled then its a shame.

Ive traveled the world and in 99.9% of the countries ive been to. Nothing is free.

Why should the buses be free? If its free then its a luxury. If it gets cancelled then its a shame.

Ive traveled the world and in 99.9% of the countries ive been to. Nothing is free.

It is not free it is[ was] a service payed for by the rate payers of this City.

A service designed to ferry people to the edge of Town so as they could use the new Mall.

A good Idea that!

That is true. It is also true that folk cannot be forced to use public transport, or patronise a market.

I know that Sheffield Council would like us all to pay to go to the market on the bus, but if we find it more convenient and more economical to shop elsewhere we will and no bleating councillor will change that.

That is true. It is also true that folk cannot be forced to use public transport, or patronise a market.

I know that Sheffield Council would like us all to pay to go to the market on the bus, but if we find it more convenient and more economical to shop elsewhere we will and no bleating councillor will change that.

People should go to the market for the shopping not because there is a free bus.

Its up to the traders to attract business.

people have been waiting years for a new market and now its here they need convincing?

This town is so backwards sometimes