Ian Watkins (Lostprophets) pleads guilty to sex offences with children

In your (and my) examples he would be in solitary.
He won't be in solitary though. It'll be his 'human' right not to be. He'll be on the hospital wing with all the other nonces, swapping stories with them and laughing at how civilised the justice system we have is, to let him get away with it.

He's not killed anyone, has he? He'll be out in no time, ready to start all over again. :mad:

I accept that, the point is that someone found guilty of certain crimes clearly deserves to die, but some people find the death penalty distasteful, others think its cost to much to pursue. This way the likely outcome is death without the cost and without someone condemning him to death. I can't imagine many people doing more than a year in solitary confinement before they take their own life.

The death penalty is not distasteful. It is the easiest way out possible. If you want it to be like china and North Korea where they take them outside and shoot them in the head go and try living there for a bit.

What about the ones that get put to death and then new evidence exonerates them in 10 years?

Would that make you the murderer then and you should be executed for ending an innocent mans life?

He'll be on the hospital wing with all the other nonces, swapping stories with them and laughing at how civilised the justice system we have is, to let him get away with it.
Have you ever visited a hospital prison wing nj? It isn't how you describe, in fact most of them want to be back in their cells away from the 'nutcases', seeing themselves as normal.

He's not killed anyone, has he? He'll be out in no time, ready to start all over again. :mad:

This is one son of Wales who won't receive a welcome in the Vales.

He won't be in solitary though. It'll be his 'human' right not to be. He'll be on the hospital wing with all the other nonces, swapping stories with them and laughing at how civilised the justice system we have is, to let him get away with it.

We will have to wait and see what his sentence is to be...

That is the crux of the matter, as I said just hope it's not lenient

As this thread has already proven, many people will be outraged at it's leniency, regardless of what it actually is, because they won't be permitted to allow their own animalistic tendencies out to get a pound of his flesh.