Ian Watkins (Lostprophets) pleads guilty to sex offences with children

[/b]If I was in the CPS, I would be asking just HOW she knew who these 2 women are :suspect:
Apparently she got it off the court listings on their site. Someone forgot to redact their names. She thought as it was in the public domain, it was ok to tweet about it. Apparently, she's subsequently apologised and took it off.

Maybe someone in the Court system needs speaking to by the SWP as well? :suspect:

For once "won't somebody think of the children" is totally apt.

The mothers should be kept anonymous without fools trying to sneak it out or give enough clues etc, not for the mothers, but for the children who have been innocently caught up in this. Their lives would become an even bigger living hell if it was widely known they were the ones involved. We don't need a tragedy adding to this already hideous story, and certainly not one caused by strangers flouting the law because of some perverted sense of justice.

The children are going to be given new identities. Things like this always come out in the age of the internet. These poor children (and babies!) can start over with a new life and a new family and I hope and pray they were all young enough to be able to forget what's happened to them and not have to carry around that burden with them all their lives.

The children are going to be given new identities. Things like this always come out in the age of the internet.

Exactly. And that's the problem. Naming the mothers will inevitably lead to the identification of completely innocent parties who will not want or need reminding of what has happened.

And that's why idiots shouldn't be trying to publish the names of the mothers on twitter / facebook / sheffield forum.

Back to the original issue. I was in a charity shop today and noticed a Lostprophets CD for sale. I mentioned to the manageress that it was the bloke in court last week for trying to rape a baby. She'd not even heard of the case but took the CD off the shelf in case someone took exception. I also see stuff by Gary Glitter for sale quite often. I think a lot of charity shop managers are oblivious to some people's backgrounds even though I'd expect charity shops to have more ethical standards that normal shops.

Back to the original issue. I was in a charity shop today and noticed a Lostprophets CD for sale. I mentioned to the manageress that it was the bloke in court last week for trying to rape a baby. She'd not even heard of the case but took the CD off the shelf in case someone took exception. I also see stuff by Gary Glitter for sale quite often. I think a lot of charity shop managers are oblivious to some people's backgrounds even though I'd expect charity shops to have more ethical standards that normal shops.

There is nothing unethical about a charity shop selling a second hand CD which was donated to them to help their cause, its not like Ian Watkins was going to benefit from its sale.

There is nothing unethical about a charity shop selling a second hand CD which was donated to them to help their cause, its not like Ian Watkins was going to benefit from its sale.

It didn't take long for you to revert to type, did it, Smithy. We all know to what extent you think sex with children is unethical and it doesn't put you in a position to lecture others on ethics.

exactly i think all that stuffs ludicrous

like with Paul Gadd, people were up in arms about him recieving royalties for his gary glitter music, im sorry but theres no corelation between the acts he commited and the music, both were done seperetly, why shouldnt somebody recieve royalties for music theyve written? its not like hes benefitting from his crimes, nor is his music glorfying his crimes, they are completely isolated from one another

in fact in one way hes prolly stuffed up his royalties anyway cos a lot less will be sold / played since.

i do feel bad for the glitter band theyve had a right struggle since to keep going, and the now the other members of lost prophets who have to start from scratch

Archived