Ian Watkins (Lostprophets) pleads guilty to sex offences with children

there was something on the news today pre sentencing, about he couldve been stopped sooner?

his then girlfriend had flagged him to the police? because hed told her he had had sex with a 14 year old fan

Yes, she reported him to the police years ago but wasn't taken seriously. Watkins told the police she was stalking him and she was given a warning I believe.

it's a start, I suppose. it's good to see that a judge can actually hand down a realistic sentence for such awful crimes.

I wonder if the warder greeted him at the prison doors with "Hahaha... Now 'LOLZ' you excuse for a human being!"

"Megalolz mate, here's your cellmate, Big Bubba"

35 years is a good stretch, they should hand down more sentences like this to sex offenders. Hope prison breaks the filth bag.

theyre supposed to be strengthening sex offender sentences specially for those that use their fame or power etc

He won't do 35 yrs.

He will 2/3 of 29 yrs as its,an extended sentence

Rreally? I thought the Judge's statement was that he was to serve at least 29 years of the sentence, with the final 6 years of the 35 on licence (Or whatever it's called?).

If it's as dreadful a crime as this, I don't get why the perpetrator doesn't serve every last second of his "bird".

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 20:04 ----------

theyre supposed to be strengthening sex offender sentences specially for those that use their fame or power etc

...and so they should!

Archived