Ian Watkins (Lostprophets) pleads guilty to sex offences with children

These 3 kids would probably be around today,if it wasn't for people like you giving sicko's sympathy.

It's not about sympathy, I would just find it hard to divorce myself from my own ingrained morality if I was the one who had to push the button...because I have no right to stop another person living, and neither does anybody else.

It's particularly troubling with murder cases, they kill people to show that killing people is wrong...do you not see a contradiction in that?

I hear what you say Bpb, I detest what Watkins has done and would want to lick him with a baseball bat if I had the opportunity. But like the death penalty that debases me emotionally as much as I'd like to do it..it just doesn't take us forward as humanity.

Personally I prefer justice being administered with a cold, nonchalant demeanor..no tears, no brow beating, no sympathy.

Yes its an understandable normal emotional reaction to feel like putting an end to such a vile person, but sense has to rule that response, otherwise we stoop to their level.

It's not about sympathy, I would just find it hard to divorce myself from my own ingrained morality if I was the one who had to push the button...because I have no right to stop another person living, and neither does anybody else.

It's particularly troubling with murder cases, they kill people to show that killing people is wrong...do you not see a contradiction in that?

Its not a contradiction,one kills for pleasure,the other kills so that no more victims suffer at the hands of the pedophile.

I could happily push the button,if it meant kids would be spared.

Sorry, but as I said earlier on, whether or not I oppose the death penalty is NOT related to whether or not I abhor this crime and all others like it.

If you plan on turning this thread (which has, so far, showed universal condemnation of the crime and the criminals in a very well mannered and unified way) in to yet another justification of the death penalty then please do that on another thread.

I was just wondering if this would get round your dislike of the death penalty.

Life in solitary confinement with none of the luxuries that some prisoners appear to get. Very basis food and one cyanide capsule for him to take if he ever wants to end his own life.

I was just wondering if this would get round your dislike of the death penalty.

Life in solitary confinement with none of the luxuries that some prisoners appear to get. Very basis food and one cyanide capsule for him to take if he ever wants to end his own life.

The notion of punishment is that you deny the prisoner the right to self determination.

The notion of punishment is that you deny the prisoner the right to self determination.

I accept that, the point is that someone found guilty of certain crimes clearly deserves to die, but some people find the death penalty distasteful, others think its cost to much to pursue. This way the likely outcome is death without the cost and without someone condemning him to death. I can't imagine many people doing more than a year in solitary confinement before they take their own life.

I accept that, the point is that someone found guilty of certain crimes clearly deserves to die, but some people find the death penalty distasteful, others think its cost to much to pursue. This way the likely outcome is death without the cost and without someone condemning him to death. I can't imagine many people doing more than a year in solitary confinement before they take their own life.

New thread angos :)

Archived