Smoke BBQ resturant St. Paul's area

Snakey_B

Anybody know when Cosmo next door to this place opens?

It did say early December on the window, but that's been and gone.

Regards

Doom

Edit: Just looked on their website and it's now saying 2014.

There was a big ad for it in the local free paper yesterday which says it opens 21st Jan. Looks rather tasty :)

Just would like to thank most of the people who have commented on this thread for a comedy read that also scares me about how a large amount of people believe change is notgood. Not been there yet but sounds ok as far as authentic goes and what a fool cancelling brisket.

I can't be bothered to read the thread but is it as good as Bodeans? and do they do burnt ends because if so I might move in.

No idea about Bodeans, but they do have burnt ends (but only a limited amount each day for obvious reasons).

I went a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. Had the big sharing plate and everything was good except the ribs which I found a bit dry. Particularly enjoyed the sausage and the brisket. I thought sides needed a bit more attention to detail and drinks were expensive (2 halves of Pepsi - fiver!) but overall would recommend and I'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...

Went for lunch yesterday and wish I hadn't

Twice cooked chips - Decent restaurants would have thrown these away they are horrible.

The pulled pork sandwich was nice but the breakcake was covered in sauce which had soaked in making the bread all soggy.

We also had the side dishes of the onion rings which when eaten you could taste all the raw batter underneath.

The venue it self has been refitted and looks great. It's just a pity the food isn't

Went for lunch yesterday and wish I hadn't

Twice cooked chips - Decent restaurants would have thrown these away they are horrible.

The pulled pork sandwich was nice but the breakcake was covered in sauce which had soaked in making the bread all soggy.

We also had the side dishes of the onion rings which when eaten you could taste all the raw batter underneath.

The venue it self has been refitted and looks great. It's just a pity the food isn't

Did you let them know you were unhappy? Because I would have..

People cant assume your dislike, you need to let *them* know directly.

• 2 weeks later...

we went last night and found it a bit of a mixed experience really, we had two sharing platters between 5 of us (it was the right amount of food) most of the meat was really good but the turkey leg was very black on the outside and inedible on the inside, I did point this out to the waitress and she informed me it was because it was barbecued ! I thought that drink prices were expensive ie £2.50 for a half pint of Chiron and £2.50 for a jam jar of Pepsi. The puddings were kind of thrown together, my grandson didn't like his and the waitress did deduct it from the bill, which was nice. A lot of other people in the restaurant were having burgers which looked very tasty. We enjoyed the evening, we had a very attentive waitress and most of the food was good but I don't think I would go back, not my kind of restaurant really but can see why it would appeal to some. Some very good blues music playing which added to the experience. We had thought of going to Cosmo instead but having read some of the reviews glad we chose Smoke.