Smoke BBQ resturant St. Paul's area

Snakey_B

• 2 weeks later...

I like the eating challenge but notice you only get it for half price instead of for free.

You can see why people have heart attacks trying to wolf that amount of food in 15 and now 30 minutes. Can't be good for you.

Edited by 999tigger

• 9 months later...

The family went for a birthday (my eldest daughter, she turned 15) and we were all very unimpressed. I personally didn't like the concept; the food was alright but nothing special.

We were sat on bar stools around a round table. The stools were high and uncomfortable and I felt any of us could have fallen off at any moment. We pre-booked and apparently it said in the small print that we had booked this kind of table and stools.

The table had cut-outs (to give it some kind of authenticity no doubt). This meant that drinking glasses could tip over and spill, which is what happened. Now none of us is particularly foolish when eating out, but these cut-outs on what is limited table space, proved nothing more than a bloody nuisance.

The beer - no recognised names here for bitter or lager - came in large vases and we were supposed to drink out of what looked like jam jars with plastic handles. Just plain silly. The bill for five of us was £90.

Give me table and chairs, even surfaces and less of these silly gimmicks. I actually enjoyed my food but nobody else did.

4/10.

Hmmmm - maybe not

A lot of the people complaining dont really know what BBQ is or expect it to be what theyve always been told is BBQ.

I know the Stars review was BS as the writer clearly never had real cornbread in his life and complained as he didnt know what to do with it (slap some butter on it and wipe up what ever sauce is left on your plate)

I've only been in once, because every time we try to go back its booked up and cant get a table.