Virgin media price increase

I have to say though that I think it's a bit much when some companies proudly announce things like, there will be no increase for six months. Give me a break, no increase ever should be the norm.

No increase ever?

Because the costs to provide the infrastructure never go up, and the staff that work for them never want a payrise?

Other companies are introducing inflation busting price increases as well.

Sky: up by 6.49% to £16.40 a month

BT: up 6.25% to £16.99

Virgin Media: up 6.25% to £16.99

Talk Talk: up 4.7% to £16.70

The "regulator" ofcom should be given more power to block price rises in excess of inflation.

And this is why I will never buy into SKY corporation sky and landline package or anyone else for that matter. Its an oligopoly.

---------- Post added 01-12-2014 at 14:11 ----------

No increase ever?

Because the costs to provide the infrastructure never go up, and the staff that work for them never want a payrise?

Do staff get a payrise more than twice the rate of inflation? I'd like to see evidence of that claim.

---------- Post added 01-12-2014 at 14:12 ----------

Yet try and get TV and Broadband without a landline and they'll try and con you into paying more.

Yep, and massive connection charges if you dont have landline installed.

Since I didn't make that claim I won't be trying to provide any proof. Any more strawmen for me to ignore?

So how much increase do staff get- is it inline with 6% increase? also how do you know infrastructure costs are going up? a company like virgin always find efficencies and economies of scale.

The answer is they are price fixing, because every other company in the market is using the same excuse to put landline costs up. Same as the energy companies, same as the mobile providers.

No increase ever?

No. What I said was, no increase should be the norm, in other words the thing to aim for. Saying that the price will go up in six months implies greed to me, because they are putting the price up no matter what, and you can bet that it will be more than the inflation rate with any company who comes out with a statement like that.