MUlti fuel burner to help with house condensation

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, I have bad condensation in my terraced house and as I was thinking if getting a wood burner/multi fuel burner I was told that this can help with condensation problems?does anyone know if there's any truth to this?thanks in advance :-)

I wouldn't have thought so, as one of the byproducts of combustion is water vapor.

What you need is good ventilation or a dehumidifier.

Depends on where the problem is coming from. An in room burner will draw air into the room and up the chimney. This increases airflow through the house which generally will help with condensation problems - the water from combustion is blown out of the chimney top as steam.

Depends on where the problem is coming from. An in room burner will draw air into the room and up the chimney. This increases airflow through the house which generally will help with condensation problems - the water from combustion is blown out of the chimney top as steam.

Yes that's what I was told. I wasn't sure if this true I've googled it with no luck. I've got a dehumidifier and fans, condensation is a nightmare. Thanks both of you :-)

Archived