Boris's 'Greed is Good' speech

Perfect speech for times of austerity :)

Bojo isn't stupid. This will tie Cameron in knots.

And later on Bojo will just say he was a bit drunk on the speech night and was fooling around and didn't mean any of it and it'll all be OK.

"Johnson called for the rich to be hailed for their contribution to paying for public services as he said that the top 1% of earners contribute 30% of income tax. "That is an awful lot of schools and roads and hospitals that are being paid for by the super-rich. So why, I asked innocently, are they so despicable in the eyes of all decent British people? Surely they should be hailed like the Stakhanovites of Stalin's Russia, who half-killed themselves, in the name of the people, by mining record tonnages of coal?"

If Boris condemned those Rich who don't pay their tax, people would have more respect for him - except the Rich I expect.

"In an attempt to shore up his support on the Tory right, as he positions himself as the natural successor to David Cameron, the London mayor called for the "Gordon Gekkos of London" to display their greed to promote economic growth".

It's a while since I've seen Wall Street but I'm sure he got sent down for being dodgy.

"In an attempt to shore up his support on the Tory right, as he positions himself as the natural successor to David Cameron, the London mayor called for the "Gordon Gekkos of London" to display their greed to promote economic growth".

It's a while since I've seen Wall Street but I'm sure he got sent down for being dodgy.

greed is what makes the economic world go round dontcha know?? without greed we would have no entrepreneurs,nobody that risks their money to improve their lives and pay the wages of the workers, we wouldn't have the 1% that pay 30% of all taxes !! then where would we be???:roll:

greed is what makes the economic world go round dontcha know?? without greed we would have no entrepreneurs,nobody that risks their money to improve their lives and pay the wages of the workers, we wouldn't have the 1% that pay 30% of all taxes !! then where would we be???:roll:

Well it's a good job ab, I'm having a 25p Each Way Lucky15 at Kempton this evening.

It is the way of Sheffield. The successful make it and provide jobs for the rest who resent being given a job. That's why Sheffield lags behind the rest of the country when it comes to attracting investment. Some places look up to entrepreneurs who provide businesses and jobs. Increasingly these places are know as Eastern Europe.

Archived