A question for the men- would you shave with a straight razor?

Hi guys aimed at you as I don't know many women that shave their faces, okay our lass does :hihi:

My son has been told to look for a present for Christmas, been on Amazon & found a cutthroat razor set down 50% in Black Friday deals.

My question is has anyone shaved with a cutthroat at home? I have had them in Turkey in the barbers & very close but I don't want to cut my nose off.

I remember my granddad using one, but I've always just used blades or safety razors, any advice most welcome. I'm still going to order it as always wanted one, but just wanted any stories on experience of using one.

Pete

I have had them in Turkey in the barbers & very close
Turkish barbers (proper ones, not season-only-beachfront-for-tourist-ones) aren't allowed anywhere near a customer with a cut-throat until they've served years of apprenticeship.

Obviously, I know such a proper one and know him very well indeed. His son is in his mid-30s and cuts hair, has been working with his dad for 15 years, and has only been allowed to shave customers with a cut-throat in the past 2 years. Been to see Mehmet regularly for the past 6 years (Easter and/or summer), and witnessed this first-hand.

Tells you all you need to know, really :|

Archived