Lee Rigby's killers trial

Does the muslim bible also use the phrase "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"?

One of the killers was caught on camera, shown on tonight's BBC news, using this phrase in justification at the scene.

Al-Shura Chapter 42 : Verse 40 "And the recompense of an injury is an injury the like thereof; but whoso forgives and his act brings about reformation, his reward is with Allah. Surely, He loves not the wrongdoers."

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 00:39 ----------

Leviticus 24:19-20: If anyone injures his neighbor, whatever he has done must be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured

Al-Shura Chapter 42 : Verse 40 "And the recompense of an injury is an injury the like thereof; but whoso forgives and his act brings about reformation, his reward is with Allah. Surely, He loves not the wrongdoers."

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 00:39 ----------

Leviticus 24:19-20: If anyone injures his neighbour, whatever he has done must be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured

So we have an Islamic killer from Africa quoting the Bible! That's true multiculturalism in action.

Leviticus is one of the strangest books in the Bible. Apparently you can smite your neighbour on the slightest pretext. It's also the book that says homosexuality is wrong and you can't eat shellfish. :confused:

"But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

And I was looking forward to Moules Marinière tomorrow :(

We really should bring it back!

Only for 100% confirmed guilty i.e. video evidence or a confession but if you take a life you give a life

There's no such thing as 100% confirmed guilt.

There is always the possibility of innocence no matter how unlikely.

"The only reason we have killed this man today is because Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers. It's an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...leave our lands and you'll live in peace. That's all I have to say."

- wrong way to get his message across, but he has got a point.

We can't expect Muslim nations to be OK with the fact that the British and Americans have killed more civilians than terrorists in Afghanistan since 2001.

It's a complicated one because technically he killed in self defence (Of his people), and killing in self defence isn't actually unlawful.

"The only reason we have killed this man today is because Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers. It's an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...leave our lands and you'll live in peace. That's all I have to say."

We can't expect Muslim nations to be OK with the fact that the British and Americans have killed more civilians than terrorists in Afghanistan since 2001.

It's a complicated one because technically he killed in self defence (Of his people), and killing in self defence isn't actually unlawful.

I'm sure there are those that will abuse you and shout you down for saying what you just said, but I'm not one of them.

The killing of Lee Rigby was a dreadful and appalling crime, but no less so surely than the killings of innocent adults and children by US drone strikes in Pakistan. According to Amnesty International around 900 Pakistani civilians were killed in this way in the year up to last August.

The usual suspects will bleat and curse, but the reality is that a cessation of hostilities requires compromise and action by both sides. Love is the answer, rather than war.

I'm sure there are those that will abuse you and shout you down for saying what you just said, but I'm not one of them.

The killing of Lee Rigby was a dreadful and appalling crime, but no less so surely than the killings of innocent adults and children by US drone strikes in Pakistan. According to Amnesty International around 900 Pakistani civilians were killed in this way in the year up to last August.

The usual suspects will bleat and curse, but the reality is that a cessation of hostilities requires compromise and action by both sides. Love is the answer, rather than war.

I agree with all of this, but I guess it's a case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I agree with all of this, but I guess it's a case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Quite right. Both acts - Drummer Rigby's murder and the killing of innocents by US/Western forces are equally abhorrent - but we must start to try and give them equal weight and recognise their futility.

two negroid-British converts to Islam, murder an innocent Brit in the middle of the street in broad daylight. Their response , on video, was to "leave our lands" (Islamic land).

They took an Oath of allegiance to Britain, but by simple conversion to Islam, now 57 declared Muslim Countries are now "their lands". Most of those Countries would never allow these two brain washed muppets to become citizens, but they call them their brothers :loopy:. The British Court should make a point of this for world wide consumption.

Exactly the sentiments I have expressed in this thread many times. And as the fish bloke has pointed out, you will be attacked for having such a well considered, objective opinion.

Some girl called Sarah will be along to accuse you of being a traitor and threaten to call the police.

Archived