Lee Rigby's killers trial

I am not sure why people are advocating hanging here. That would, in their own and their supporters opinion, martyr them, and that is precisely what one of them said was the plan all along. Locked up in Belmarsh or Wakefield and not given the oxygen of publicity for the rest of their natural lives is actually far worse a punishment for these two.

just been rereading the article and even though my thoughts are still with other punishments,

you are right, that death is not the answer.

rest of natural life without parole

I am not sure why people are advocating hanging here. That would, in their own and their supporters opinion, martyr them, and that is precisely what one of them said was the plan all along. Locked up in Belmarsh or Wakefield and not given the oxygen of publicity for the rest of their natural lives is actually far worse a punishment for these two.

Until another couple of nutters demand their release and threaten to blow something up if we don't. Martyrdom doesn't have to involve death, suffering in prison is enough. Could stop them going to the after life by not burying them according to Islamic burial rites.

Until another couple of nutters demand their release and threaten to blow something up if we don't. Martyrdom doesn't have to involve death, suffering in prison is enough. Could stop them going to the after life by not burying them according to Islamic burial rites.

You really think so? How quaint.

Obviously not our country, but some good information on the costs involved...

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

i think the difference is the amount of time they are kept waiting and the amount of appeals in the usa,

but after what someone else said,

and my rereading the article have decided other sentece needs to be set

exactly what ive always advocated in these circumstances, some cant see further than their own nose tho and always rant about giving them exactly what they want

i think the difference is the amount of time they are kept waiting and the amount of appeals in the usa,

but after what someone else said,

and my rereading the article have decided other sentece needs to be set

I don't think I've ever seen anyone change their mind in this kind of debate. :hihi: Regardless of what you think, it's good to see that people can change their mind given information and not stick to their stance no matter what.

Do you think disrespecting burial traditions would serve any useful purpose and if so, what?

If someone as the belief that they can only go the heaven if they are burying a certain way, then dumping their body at sea will be seen by the followers and they might be less reluctant to martyr themselves.

Archived