Lee Rigby's killers trial

Being 'civilised' is something to be proud of. Killing these people would lower society to their level.

Being civilised resulted in the deaths of more innocent people, had we been a little more uncivilised these innocent people would still be alive. And there is nothing civilised about locking someone up for life, some humans suffer immensely when they are locked in a cell.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 13:49 ----------

No, they're being murdered because uncivilised people are killing them.

No they murdered more people because people claiming to be civilised allowed them to murder more people.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 13:51 ----------

But he makes a valid point which you've shrugged off. Do you think paedophiles should be strung up or should they be assimilated into the community so as to enable us to have more insight into the workings of their mind?

Don't forget the bed you've made that you have to sleep in.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 13:37 ----------

Almost as crazy as treating paedophiles in the community rather than banging them up away from children.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 13:41 ----------

Being as how long it's took our culture to develop I equally think that an Islamic government in power on our shores within 30 yrs is as likely as a dog running around with a machete.

It can't be cured, so if they can't show restraint and they act on their desires, they should be executed.

Should he ever have his way I for one will never turn my back to him while running for a bus.:hihi:

Edit: Unless in athlete zig zag mode.

That would imply that you are a recidivists, so society as little use for you.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 13:59 ----------

Is being civilised important to you?

Yes, we just differ on its meaning, to me a civilised person wouldn't allow another animal to suffer unnecessarily, and killing an animal painlessly ends its suffering.

A civilised person also wouldn't allow a murder back into the community so that they can kill again and again.

Yes, we just differ on its meaning, to me a civilised person wouldn't allow another animal to suffer unnecessarily, and killing an animal painlessly ends its suffering.

A civilised person also wouldn't allow a murder back into the community so that they can kill again and again.

How on earth have you equated those two things ? :loopy:

You seem to be blaming society for the crime, the person commuting the Murder is the person in the wrong and not society for giving them a chance of rehabilitation.

Whats next, are you going to suggest chopping off the hands of thief's ? Because if you want to live that life there are places you could go and live.

Can recidivism be cured?

Its not really worth the effort because humans aren't in short supply and there are many more people much more deserving of the effort that would be involved in rehabilitation.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 14:18 ----------

How on earth have you equated those two things ? :loopy:

You seem to be blaming society for the crime, the person commuting the Murder is the person in the wrong and not society for giving them a chance of rehabilitation.

Whats next, are you going to suggest chopping off the hands of thief's ? Because if you want to live that life there are places you could go and live.

The society that let the murderer out of prison is just as culpable as the murderer if he kills again. If I had a dog that killed someone, I'm sure everyone would be blaming me if it went on to kill another couple of people just because I wouldn't allow it to be put down.

Its not really worth the effort because humans aren't in short supply and there are many more people much more deserving of the effort that would be involved in rehabilitation.

You really are in a world of your own lad. Now it's over population.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 14:22 ----------

The society that let the murderer out of prison is just as culpable as the murderer if he kills again. If I had a dog that killed someone, I'm sure everyone would be blaming me if it went on to kill another couple of people just because I wouldn't allow it to be put down.

Society huh? Do you vote?

You really are in a world of your own lad. Now it's over population.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 14:22 ----------

Society huh? Do you vote?

I can see how thinking that might give you a warm fussy feeling inside, but you are incorrect.

I can see how thinking that might give you a warm fussy feeling inside, but you are incorrect.

So it's now over population, and what was your reply on the voting question again?

Your stance isn't warm or fuzzy, scary though.

Archived