Lee Rigby's killers trial

But we don't have Sharia Law in this country, thank God. Would you really want it being brought into the British justice system? Odd, I had you down as someone opposed to it.

These two appear to think we do have Sharia Law in this country. :)

A pair of Islamic converts joined a ‘Muslim Patrol’ in east London to impose Sharia Law, threatening to stab people they believed to be anti-islamic and confiscating their alcohol.

My point being, seeing as they are supporters of it, maybe they should be tried under it.

And yes, I am against it in the UK, just that under sharia, I have no doubt they would be executed..

So, you are selectively in favour of Sharia Law in this country?

Has the world gone mad?

We destroyed their armies and recreated them in our own image, headed by people (such as Karzai) who had the most to gain from a regime change.

What you are saying is akin to saying the French were the allies of the Nazi's in WW2.

I was suggesting small mindedness not based on a lack of factual knowledge, but because people seem to be unable to understand that some people think differently.

You are all outraged because a British soldier was killed in our nation. The concept of patriotism and nationhood is behind this outrage.

However, consider a different point of view. One in which your people were not those who were born in the same country as you (a chance occurance) but those who followed the same belief system as you. And once in which your nation was not based on arbitrary lines on a map, but the lands in which your people (linked by belief dwelt).

If you held this point of view then you could see the soldier as a legitimate target of violent reprisal. After all, this was a serving soldier whom had taken part in attacks on your land and people.

I think that you live in the wrong country and the wrong century. Why don't you move to Saudi/Iran/Syria/Lebanon...etc. Surely life there would be much more to your liking?

I think that you live in the wrong country and the wrong century. Why don't you move to Saudi/Iran/Syria/Lebanon...etc. Surely life there would be much more to your liking?

No, read all my contributions. I have stated that this is not my position, but a position from which you could argue that these two are not guilty of murder.

We destroyed their armies and recreated them in our own image, headed by people (such as Karzai) who had the most to gain from a regime change.

What you are saying is akin to saying the French were the allies of the Nazi's in WW2.

I was suggesting small mindedness not based on a lack of factual knowledge, but because people seem to be unable to understand that some people think differently.

You are all outraged because a British soldier was killed in our nation. The concept of patriotism and nationhood is behind this outrage.

However, consider a different point of view. One in which your people were not those who were born in the same country as you (a chance occurance) but those who followed the same belief system as you. And once in which your nation was not based on arbitrary lines on a map, but the lands in which your people (linked by belief dwelt).

If you held this point of view then you could see the soldier as a legitimate target of violent reprisal. After all, this was a serving soldier whom had taken part in attacks on your land and people.

And your view on the police they wanted to kill?

No, read all my contributions. I have stated that this is not my position, but a position from which you could argue that these two are not guilty of murder.

I've read all of your contributions and I understand your position.

You won't get far with it on here. Mention that there are two sides to this particular problem and the red mist descends upon most posters.

Just one of the reasons why this problem isn't going away anytime soon.

[/b]

And your view on the police they wanted to kill?

I haven't stated my view, this isnt what the topic is about. Please read before commenting.

I have only explained that killing someone isn't necessarily murder. I have explained a possible line of defence (the one I would probably use if I were the accused).

I haven't stated my view, this isnt what the topic is about. Please read before commenting.

I have only explained that killing someone isn't necessarily murder. I have explained a possible line of defence (the one I would probably use if I were the accused).

I'm afraid that will go right over the heads of some members. :)

So, you are selectively in favour of Sharia Law in this country?

Has the world gone mad?

In this case, yes - its the only way these 2 scumbags would get what they deserve...

I know they will probably get life, but I think there are thousands of people who would be willing to act as executioner for these two.

These two appear to think we do have Sharia Law in this country. :)

A pair of Islamic converts joined a ‘Muslim Patrol’ in east London to impose Sharia Law, threatening to stab people they believed to be anti-islamic and confiscating their alcohol.

and thats just two extremist nutjobs with nothing better to do than dream up islamic utopias that dont exist :roll:

Archived