Glasgow pub hit by a helicopter..

probably gearbox failure, same as on the chinook disaster ( north sea ) once that goes its coming down .. what a nitemare...
Clutch failure is also common in helicopters, particularly Sikorski/Westlands.

The popping sound a helicopter makes doesn't come from the engine but from the rotor blades passing through the sound barrier as they spin.

I think not - allowing a rotor tip to actually go supersonic is a very bad idea and it's one of the main constraints on the forward speed of a helicopter. The noise comes from the interaction of the main and tail rotors, which is why vented or shrouded rotor craft are much quieter as this reduces noise by stopping the interaction.

I think not - allowing a rotor tip to actually go supersonic is a very bad idea and it's one of the main constraints on the forward speed of a helicopter. The noise comes from the interaction of the main and tail rotors, which is why vented or shrouded rotor craft are much quieter as this reduces noise by stopping the interaction.

They were saying on sky news earlier that there's the possibility people could still be trapped under the wreckage. What the hell are they playing at? Surely they should know long before now whether anybody's still under there or not.

They've had rescue dogs in besides everything else.

Saying that it could just be sky news trying to keep us engrossed, and not the opinion of the emergency services.

Surely by now friends or relatives would have reported people missing? I do hope there is nobody else trapped but I suppose until they start removing the rubble brick by brick, they won't know for sure.

Surely by now friends or relatives would have reported people missing? I do hope there is nobody else trapped but I suppose until they start removing the rubble brick by brick, they won't know for sure.

What rubble? It fell through a timber roof, the walls are undamaged.

It's a very small area they have to search. It's a bungalow for god's sake. No excuses if they've left anybody trapped for that long. What if they could have survived if rescued sooner.

What rubble? It fell through a timber roof, the walls are undamaged.

It's a very small area they have to search. It's a bungalow for god's sake. No excuses if they've left anybody trapped for that long. What if they could have survived if rescued sooner.

Wow - earlier (before your post was pulled) you were claiming it was a psyop.

Now you're an expert on search and rescue.

Oh and "Uprising" is active on the DIF thread about this - what a coincidence :cool:

Just to think I've been involved with them all these years, and always thought it was what I was taught by the RN. I thought they put those things over the tail rotor to prevent some fool getting chopped up by it, but what do I know? I have a friend who flies for a taxi service to NYC Heliport. I'll ask him. He might know more than you, but I doubt it.

Just to think I've been involved with them all these years, and always thought it was what I was taught by the RN. I thought they put those things over the tail rotor to prevent some fool getting chopped up by it, but what do I know? I have a friend who flies for a taxi service to NYC Heliport. I'll ask him. He might know more than you, but I doubt it.

Obelix is correct on this one, helicopter rotor blades spin at around 500rmp maximum, they average about 300rpm, the helicopter involved here as a blade diameter of 10.2meters, and spins at around 300 rpm, which would give it a blade tip speed of 360mph, its top speed is 178mph, so at its top speed the tip of the forward moving blade is still only 538mph.

Its all about power, as the blade speed increases drag increases and there comes a point were the increase in power gives very little gain.

Wow - earlier (before your post was pulled) you were claiming it was a psyop.

Now you're an expert on search and rescue.

Oh and "Uprising" is active on the DIF thread about this - what a coincidence :cool:

Thanks agent Loncol. Now might you reveal to us your David Icke forum username/s

Are you the one posting things about numerology perhaps? Or one of the more obvious shills? Maybe both?

Anyways, I know enough about search and rescue to know its ridiculous how long they've taken to retrieve all the victims.

Come on then explain why it's taking so long to find people in a one story pub?

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 09:28 ----------

Obelix is correct on this one, helicopter rotor blades spin at around 500rmp maximum, they average about 300rpm, the helicopter involved here as a blade diameter of 10.2meters, and spins at around 300 rpm, which would give it a blade tip speed of 360mph, its top speed is 178mph, so at its top speed the tip of the forward moving blade is still only 538mph.

Its all about power, as the blade speed increases drag increases and there comes a point were the increase in power gives very little gain.

How long does it take for the blade to stop spinning after engine failure? Only witnesses have said the blades were not spinning when it crashed.

Archived