Glasgow pub hit by a helicopter..

Thanks agent Loncol. Now might you reveal to us your David Icke forum username/s

Are you the one posting things about numerology perhaps? Or one of the more obvious shills? Maybe both?

Anyways, I know enough about search and rescue to know its ridiculous how long they've taken to retrieve all the victims.

Come on then explain why it's taking so long to find people in a one story pub?

What do you know about search and rescue? Come on, inform us... :)

You are claiming the only wreckage in the pub is the timber roof, however, this is a naive view to hold. Do you not think there are internal walls, furniture and oh, a massive helicopter hindering things? Not only that, the building is likely to be unstable therefore any attempt to gain access is going to be a slow and careful job.

Just to think I've been involved with them all these years, and always thought it was what I was taught by the RN. I thought they put those things over the tail rotor to prevent some fool getting chopped up by it, but what do I know? I have a friend who flies for a taxi service to NYC Heliport. I'll ask him. He might know more than you, but I doubt it.

To be honest, both yours and Obelix's observations don't exlude the other. You COULD both be correct.

What do you know about search and rescue? Come on, inform us... :)

You are claiming the only wreckage in the pub is the timber roof, however, this is a naive view to hold. Do you not think there are internal walls, furniture and oh, a massive helicopter hindering things? Not only that, the building is likely to be unstable therefore any attempt to gain access is going to be a slow and careful job.

The pub was a live music venue, the two halves seperated by a horseshoe shaped bar, according to people that know the bar. I suppose there must be some internal structures, for toilets etc. There are no reports I know saying any walls collapsed. Even if we assume they have, how hard can it be to shift a few bricks, and some furniture? It's not like there are floors above to worry about coming down.

They've got the biggest crane in the world sat there they could have shifted it (Helicopter) long ago.

Treating it like a mining incident they said on the news.

Talk about making mountains from molehills. Its a bleeding bungalow.

Edit. At last they got it out.

Still saying there maybe more people to find.

Seems the relatives are saying the same as me, it's taken too long.

The pub was a live music venue, the two halves seperated by a horseshoe shaped bar, according to people that know the bar. I suppose there must be some internal structures, for toilets etc. There are no reports I know saying any walls collapsed. Even if we assume they have, how hard can it be to shift a few bricks, and some furniture? It's not like there are floors above to worry about coming down.

They've got the biggest crane in the world sat there they could have shifted it (Helicopter) long ago.

There were reports of their being a structural collapse on the first morning. Also most pubs have a cellar - and this one isn't called the Clutha Vaults for no reason. It's not really reasonable to call it a bungalow.

There were reports of their being a structural collapse on the first morning. Also most pubs have a cellar - and this one isn't called the Clutha Vaults for no reason. It's not really reasonable to call it a bungalow.

The fire brigade said they were working in the cellar during the first night and that conditions were cramped and dangerous.

Doesn't sound like it was in a structurally sound condition even then.

And vR, as for just moving the helicopter - how do you know it isn't holding the walls up until you get a chance to inspect. You don't want to lift 3 tonnes of metal out only for 5 tonnes of masonry to come crashing down.

Just to think I've been involved with them all these years, and always thought it was what I was taught by the RN. I thought they put those things over the tail rotor to prevent some fool getting chopped up by it, but what do I know? I have a friend who flies for a taxi service to NYC Heliport. I'll ask him. He might know more than you, but I doubt it.

Wow you really don't like people commenting against your views do you.... Ever considered that other people may sometimes be worth listening to, or is it just your default position to immediatly attack anyone that dares to venture a differeing point of view?

Edit. At last they got it out.

Still saying there maybe more people to find.

Seems the relatives are saying the same as me, it's taken too long.

Good job you are not in charge... they would be rescuing the rescuers at this rate.

Anyways, I know enough about search and rescue to know its ridiculous how long they've taken to retrieve all the victims.

Come on then explain why it's taking so long to find people in a one story pub?.

And where did you learn your search and rescue skills? David Icke Forum or YouTube?

To be honest, both yours and Obelix's observations don't exlude the other. You COULD both be correct.
I still believe the sound a huey makes is a breach of the sound barrier. The aircraft has two blades of great length. The longer the blade, the higher the tip speed. If someone had noticed the blades weren't spinning when it crashed looks like a gearbox or clutch problem. I did service them for 18 years in the RN, and still get a ride in a Bell Jetranger now and then when I can wangle it.

I still believe the sound a huey makes is a breach of the sound barrier. The aircraft has two blades of great length. The longer the blade, the higher the tip speed. If someone had noticed the blades weren't spinning when it crashed looks like a gearbox or clutch problem. I did service them for 18 years in the RN, and still get a ride in a Bell Jetranger now and then when I can wangle it.

Further explanation strongly suggesting you are incorrect from here -

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091021204218AAn1yvb

The rotor tips of the chinook and the hog should be about the same, so I'll use the chinook in my explanation.

The chinook's rotor diameter is 10 m, and the rotation speed is 225 rotations per minute at top speed. If the rotors are spinning at 225 r/min in a hover, all tips are moving the same speed (technically, they have the same angular velocity). The angular velocity of all rotor tips in a hover is (10 m)*(2)*pi*(225 r/min)(1 min/60 sec) = 236 m/s.

236 m/s = 850 km/hr

When the chinook is traveling at its top speed of 315 km/hr, the rotor tip on one side of each rotor is actually moving at 850 km/hr + 315 km/hr, because not only is it spinning, but the whole aircraft is moving through the air. The front rotor of the chinook spins counter-clockwise when viewed from the top, so its tip is moving at 1165 km/hr at the starboard-most point in its arc. The rear rotor spins the opposite direction, so it moves fastest on the port side of the helicopter.

The speed of sound at sea level is 1236 km/hr on a 20 degree (centigrade) day (68 Fahrenheit). Thus, the rotor tip is only 71 km/hr slower than the speed of sound.

This is actually what limits the speed of most helicopters. If any part of a rotor actually breaks the sound barrier, the helicopter loses stability.

I hope this answer was helpful.

Archived