Glasgow pub hit by a helicopter..

Good job you are not trapped under that wreckage waiting to be rescued.

Was it a rescue mission or a health and safety exercise?

Over two days to get that helicopter off the bodies is a bloody long time.

On what planet is it a good idea to go rushing into a possibly unstable building that has a 3 ton helicopter sat halfway in it.,..how many more victims would you like to see...?

On what planet is it a good idea to go rushing into a possibly unstable building that has a 3 ton helicopter sat halfway in it.,..how many more victims would you like to see...?

With all that equipment at their disposal, in a bungalow, in Glasgow. I think it was a long time to take. All things considered.

What equipment was that then?

You don't know anything about search and rescue do you?

Where did I say "in my professional opinion....".

In my opinion it took a long time, and I can say that as many times as I like.

it had three layers of roof! Wow!, a cellar! Wow!

I just can't see why they couldn't support the remaining ceiling and support the walls in a few hours, it was a single story remember, not the world trade centre. they had the crane in soon enough to take or lift the weight of the helicopter.

I just can't see why they couldn't support the remaining ceiling and support the walls in a few hours, it was a single story remember, not the world trade centre. they had the crane in soon enough to take or lift the weight of the helicopter.

Why? Why go to all that effort and risk when they could take their time to do it safer and methodically?

Where did I say "in my professional opinion....".

In my opinion it took a long time, and I can say that as many times as I like.

it had three layers of roof! Wow!, a cellar! Wow!

Were you there, did you see the conditions in that pub? Are you aware of the constraints of the emergency services? Have you factored any of these into your gaping theories?

So, they lift the helicopter, but the result remains the same... 9 people dead. As I said before, the focus of the rescue was to get those that could be saved out of the building, which they did within a short period of time. Those that had passed away were left until later, when conditions were suitable for thier removal.

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 16:13 ----------

Why? Why go to all that effort and risk when they could take their time to do it safer and methodically?

Cos it was only a bungalow, apparently :roll:

Where...

While you're here, next time you post on Mr Icke's forum's, would you mind correcting the guy who says he has a photo of the same size crane being used to build a wind turbine.

It's actually being used to erect a remote controlled flying car :hihi:

From

to be precise.

How long does a helicopter like this one fly for?

It was reported that it took off at 8.30 and crashed at 10.30

how much fuel is on board

Thankfully it didn't catch fire on crashing

Is it conceivable that it ran out of fuel?

It is, but considering that there were no mayday calls I would hazard a guess that for some reason the entire electrical system had died (and thus took out the engines). This would put the heli into a semi-controlled descent as described earlier in this thread.

Archived