Glasgow pub hit by a helicopter..

Glasgow crash: Helicopters grounded by Bond Air Services

Emergency services helicopters have been grounded amid safety fears about the EC 135 - the same model which crashed in Glasgow.

Bond Air Services suspended flights on all 22 of its EC 135s after a fault was found on the North West Air Ambulance.

Ambulance services across the UK are affected, but the National Police Air Service has not grounded any aircraft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25353001

Has anyone heard anything new from the aircraft accident investigators yet ?

The only thing I heard, earlier this week was that they had found the engine to be o'k.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that helicopters were to have flight recorders on board ?

In any case I hope they keep at it because we certainly don't want it happening again.

The only thing I heard, earlier this week was that they had found the engine to be o'k.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that helicopters were to have flight recorders on board ?

In any case I hope they keep at it because we certainly don't want it happening again.

If by "flight recorder" you mean the equivalent of the black box used in commercial aircraft then the answer is no - the helicopter didn't have one.

They said engine and gearbox OK (which means there could be a clutch or rotorhead problem I guess.) I also think they said there was no rotation of the rotor as it was coming down.

They said engine and gearbox OK (which means there could be a clutch or rotorhead problem I guess.) I also think they said there was no rotation of the rotor as it was coming down.

Thank's for the reply Obelix, also Longcol's reply. It sounds as if the problem definitely was not running out of fuel due to a faulty fuel gauge in that case. In answer to Nagel's post I heard that the helicopter was trying to track someone who had been reported trespassing on the railway.

The fuel tank design also makes it impossible for both engines to run out of fuel at the same time, meaning even with a faulty fuel gauge, you'll know you've got a problem (one engine shutdown) before the helicopter loses all power / becomes uncontrollable.

Archived