Lower energy bills to be paid for by crackdown on Tax Avoidance

Nationalise energy,make homes more energy efficient noboddy should die from fuel poverty,Thatcher legacy,still choking the poor to death decades on.If wed have managed our oil revenues wed have been the Richest country in europe by a country mile.

Instead we payed it all out in benefit and multi culturalising Britian,a legacy even our GRAND children will pay for.

Exactly how is this Thatcher's legacy? Please explain to me in detail.

For your information, income disparity increased under the labour government. As did the difference in quality of schooling.

I agree that the North Sea oil tax revenue could perhaps have been better spent, but the waste is nothing compared to the wasted tax revenues from the City of London during the pre-crash Blair years.

Something is either legal, or not legal. That's the source of the "binary" view. There are no grey shadings when it comes to legality - it's either legal or not.

it seems construction workers arnt classed the same as mps/well off this judge ruled it illegal http://www.contractoruk.com/bn66/ i wonder how the others seem to get away with it :suspect:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't want to say I told you so, but ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25430826

The HMRC dare not chase tax money as we all knew they wouldn't be able to. It was just a public opinion story to try and make the government look like they're doing something their not and never had intention to carry it out. No doubt the government will come back today and try to blame it all on the HMRC, despite not giving them the authority, staff or funds to undertake the work.

Archived