Remove Katie Hopkins from the media?

Well, she has some point, but it is wrong of her to smear that people do not "want" to work. There is "want" and then there is "need". Even if someone wants to work, and that they are now even disqualified out of the running because of number of years of lack of proper training, then what can they do ? A lot of people who are qualified, are continually improving their own career paths and skills as well and continue on that treadmill. If those of us who work an office job finds it difficult, then what are of those who are on benefits to work ?

The other thing is, what KH seems to think is that, it is as easy to walk into a job as she has done. Maybe in her areas or that she have a certain education and attribute that makes her do so. Not many could walk into her shoes, and did what she did either. To come out from the Army and then onto the media. Many of us have to work in the industry that we have decided for ourselves and continue to improve, and to train, and to get experience.

She annoys the heck out of me ! "As a lady...." (yes, well, you still have to compete not just nationally but globally, sorry to say, but your naiveness also shows too).

I'm so annoyed.

---------- Post added 15-01-2014 at 16:44 ----------

Russell Brand is just Katie Hopkins but on the other side of the political fence.

Both irritating to listen to.

Isn't it obvious ? To increase number of viewers is the name of the game. This is a reason why I do not watch tv any more. Cos it is full of junk.

Why should she be on Newsnight for God's sake?

She's not a politician or a political commentator, in fact she knows sweet f.a. but talks like she knows it all. It's not on to put her mouthing off on a serious programme where guests are at least expected to be well informed.

This is where a gobby 'entertainer' tips over into something else.

A bit of pot calling kettle black there if your wisdom on courts, care in the community and the miners strike is anything to go by.

She writes for The Sun, the nations biggest selling paper. She embodies the Daily Mail, Britain's second biggest newspaper. Like her or not she is in tune with a massive part of the population, probably most of it. I know that truth hurts to some in the echo chamber here but those are the facts.

As an ex servicewoman she was also prepared to risk her life for this country, more than can be said for a lot of people.

Thing that winds me up is that she can say what she likes on TV and bad mouth other people but if you went onto Twitter to tell her what you thought in the same tone as she uses on TV.

You'd be arrested. :loopy:

I saw her on This Week having a go at Abbott. She didn't make any death threats or call her any unrepeatable names. Do you have any examples?

You could say the same about Russel Brand but I bet you lapped up his wild anarchist rantings on Newsnight the other week.

I think it's far more interesting to have social commentators like KH interrogating politicans rather than listening to them droning on at each other.

I've just replied to a thread on here entitled "unfunny comedians" mentioning Russell Brand as it happens! (he really is over-rated)

There are left wing troll "social commentators" but there are far more from the right wing of politics such as Richard Littlejohn and James Delingpole. So much so in fact that I think it might even be unfair to single out Katie Hopkins, as bad as she is.

I've just replied to a thread on here entitled "unfunny comedians" mentioning Russell Brand as it happens! (he really is over-rated)

There are left wing troll "social commentators" but there are far more from the right wing of politics such as Richard Littlejohn and James Delingpole. So much so in fact that I think it might even be unfair to single out Katie Hopkins, as bad as she is.

So you don't think Littlejohn believes what he says? If he does then he's not a troll, or is the meaning open to interpretation?

Archived