Its time air guns were licensed

NO................they should be banned !!!

Why does anyone need to have an air gun

Why does anyone need to have archery, darts, frisbees or bowls?

........people who have these are the ones that go out killing wild life for the fun of it !
I'm "one of these" but I don't kill any wildlife

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 12:46 ----------

That said, keeping it under the bed, along with the ammunition doesn't seem very clever.

Makes you wonder if the poor parents will face any legal action (I would have thought that losing their son would be enough of a price alone though)

' We should ban cars - people who have these are the ones that go out joyriding and crashing them for the fun of it ' ............... I own a car and have been driving for over 40 years, I don't go out joyriding and crashing my car for the fun of it, the sort of person who does this is your ' Low Life's ' who have no regard for other people's property.

And lots of people own air weapons and use them responsibly.

Are you missing the point that both items can be misused?

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 12:56 ----------

Why does anyone need to have archery, darts, frisbees or bowls?

I'm "one of these" but I don't kill any wildlife

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 12:46 ----------

Makes you wonder if the poor parents will face any legal action (I would have thought that losing their son would be enough of a price alone though)

It wasn't their son that was killed was it, it was a friend of their son.

And lots of people own air weapons and use them responsibly.

Are you missing the point that both items can be misused?

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 12:56 ----------

It wasn't their son that was killed was it, it was a friend of their son.

Ah, yes, I didn't read properly. In that case I would have thought there may be more likeliness of legal action

' We should ban cars - people who have these are the ones that go out joyriding and crashing them for the fun of it ' ............... I own a car and have been driving for over 40 years, I don't go out joyriding and crashing my car for the fun of it, the sort of person who does this is your ' Low Life's ' who have no regard for other people's property.

I guess you don't get it then...

I've had rifles, air and cartridge for 30 years now. I don't go shooting people with them - I shoot targets and vermin and deer. So why should I be penalised for the excesses of lowlife?

I guess you don't get it then...

I've had rifles, air and cartridge for 30 years now. I don't go shooting people with them - I shoot targets and vermin and deer. So why should I be penalised for the excesses of lowlife?

I'd say possibly if there was a rampant, out of control problem with air weapons, like regular killings or gang warfare using them (:huh:), then yes, look at stricter laws, but we don't actually have that problem.

I have said before there is no reason for anyone to have a knife or fire arm on the public highway ,if caught with ether 5 yrs for knife 10 for a firearm no questions asked ,as for guns join a gun club and weapons stored there

I was walking about with one yesterday. I had good reason to. I'll be at a scout meeting tonight and they will all have one - because they have good reason to. Like it or not there are many legitamate reasonable grounds to have and use these tools in public.

I have said before there is no reason for anyone to have a knife or fire arm on the public highway ,if caught with ether 5 yrs for knife 10 for a firearm no questions asked ,as for guns join a gun club and weapons stored there

I have an axe (well, hatchet really) in the boot of my car, how long should I go to prison for having it?

jb

The law disagrees with you

Archived