Its time air guns were licensed

I have said before there is no reason for anyone to have a knife or fire arm on the public highway ,if caught with ether 5 yrs for knife 10 for a firearm no questions asked ,as for guns join a gun club and weapons stored there

What's the public highway got to do with it?

I have said before there is no reason for anyone to have a knife or fire arm on the public highway ,if caught with ether 5 yrs for knife 10 for a firearm no questions asked ,as for guns join a gun club and weapons stored there

What about a vetted shotgun certificate owner? I have a shotgun fitted to me, for me. Should I have to borrow a gun once I get to a shoot? Should the shoot keep lots of guns in one place so if they get robbed, lots of guns get into the hands of criminals.

Just cause you don't understand something, doesn't mean you are right

A modern day air rifle is 5 tiimes more powerfull than the ones 20 years ago.

Most require a fire arms certificate but people ignore this.

SO YES they should.

They used to shoot at our troops in northen ireland with them ./ They are absolutely lethall../ Modern air rifiles are filled with compressed air and have silincers on

Modern day air weapons have a legal limit of 12 ft pounds muzzle velocity.

Now compare this to a Lee Enfield rifle used in WW2 kicking out around at least 2800 ft pounds plus. No comparison really.

Dont get me wrong 12ft pounds is not to be sneered at, especially when a .177 pellet travels up to 750 feet per second (legally).

Maybe they should limit air rifle calibres to .25 calibre and reduce velocities (to maintain 12 ft pounds), that way a pellet would be more likely to bounce off a human being rather than penetrate, but still have enough kinetic energy to despatch vermin and rabbits etc.

Modern day air weapons have a legal limit of 12 ft pounds muzzle velocity.

Now compare this to a Lee Enfield rifle used in WW2 kicking out around at least 2800 ft pounds plus. No comparison really.

Dont get me wrong 12ft pounds is not to be sneered at, especially when a .177 pellet travels up to 750 feet per second (legally).

Maybe they should limit air rifle calibres to .25 calibre and reduce velocities (to maintain 12 ft pounds), that way a pellet would be more likely to bounce off a human being rather than penetrate, but still have enough kinetic energy to despatch vermin and rabbits etc.

NO lots of air rifles are far more powerfull than that its only if they are above 12 ft pounds they require F. A. Certiicate.

NO lots of air rifles are far more powerfull than that its only if they are above 12 ft pounds they require F. A. Certiicate.

Was merely trying to come up with a safer solution (within the law).

Yes there are lots of air rifles out there above 12 ft pounds.Its so easy to fit a bigger spring to make them more powerful, making them illegal (without a FAC).

Anybody wanting to buy (legally) anything above 12 ft pounds need a FAC.

Dont be fooled though, the police have testing facilities to check suspicious weapons, and if they're slightly over the the legal limit (without a FAC), you are looking at a

Firearms offence.

NO................they should be banned !!!

Why does anyone need to have an air gun........people who have these are the ones that go out killing wild life for the fun of it !

what a crazy statement people do enjoy target shooting :loopy::loopy:

you no targets not animals

Archived