Its time air guns were licensed

There are new requirements that mean that all weapons have to be secured away from under 18's - it doesnt have to be a gun safe but ideally something like a locked cupboard or drawer.

I have several very expensive samurai swords,why would i want them locked in a cupboard?

---------- Post added 03-12-2013 at 19:17 ----------

I have an axe (well, hatchet really) in the boot of my car, how long should I go to prison for having it?

jb

I agree with Obelix.If you don't use a hatchet for work then you better have a decent excuse.It's having a baseball bat in your boot,questions will be asked.If you had a baseball bat and ball and maybe a glove,what can they say?

• 1 month later...
NO................they should be banned !!!

Why does anyone need to have an air gun........people who have these are the ones that go out killing wild life for the fun of it !

When I do target shooting for the county, national level and for the country. Next silly question please. :loopy:

Poor parenting was the fundamental cause of the child's death;

-Why was the weapon not stored securely?

-Was the child instructed to the use the weapon safely? Obviously not in this case.

-Was the child taught the dangers of such a weapon? Obviously not again.

As I said earlier, licencing won't prevent gun crime. Anyone who is prepared to use a gun in a crime will get one regardless and certainly won't be too bothered about a licence.

licensing will mean a gun is connected to the licensee and so when one is confiscated, the owner can be prosecuted for failing to secure the firearm.

Archived