Pub next to noose and gibbet

damo_bar

Hi Barb M. rememeber kev`s mum and dad having a drink or 2 in the tap room. think kev got caught under age in tap room same time as me there was a few of us , me and kev were only 2 holding beer so we were bang to wrights. the rest of lads made out they were`nt drinking, so plain clothes copper took all the drinks of table and put them on bar told landlord to throw them . rememeber the look "must have been your man " gave us . may have got him in trouble to. think beer was about 20p a pint 72ish. but only got about 15 quid a week wages .seem to think your man was ex miner could be wrong . mostly am.

I don't remember that , but that's not unusual as it was 42 years ago !!! My husband wasn't an ex miner, he was an ex motor mechanic, we often got visit's from the police as in those days they took a dim view of under age drinkers , and we were new licensees !

Archived