Social supermarket

Did anyone else see the news article tonight about that new venture of a shop selling goods that the bigger supermarkets would of ssent to landdfill. The idea seems to be that people feel ashamed of using food banks and so to build up their sself confidence instead they can now buy goods with as much as a 70% saving. The shop is only going to be used by certain people who will have to have a membership card, I can see problems with that being abused already and if it works they plan to open another twenty shops across the UK. I don't know whether this will be a success or not but do wonder why a larger supermarket would of been donating packs of Andrex toilet tissue I think it was a nine pack. After all does that have a use by date, why on earth would something like that be of no use.

wonder why a larger supermarket would of been donating packs of Andrex toilet tissue I think it was a nine pack. After all does that have a use by date, why on earth would something like that be of no use.

Could be old packaging or a discontinued product.

its a sorry sight to see things like this happening in this rich and prosperous country

The truly rich and prosperous don't get mired in debt.

UK household debt hits record high [bBC News, 29 November 2013]

UK's total debt forecast to hit £10 trillion by 2015

Both as a country and as individuals we seem to easily confuse debt and wealth.

Debt is not wealth.

The truly rich and prosperous don't get mired in debt.

UK household debt hits record high [bBC News, 29 November 2013]

UK's total debt forecast to hit £10 trillion by 2015

Both as a country and as individuals we seem to easily confuse debt and wealth.

Debt is not wealth.

you need to tell that to the gov but i doubt they will listen :roll::hihi:

Did anyone else see the news article tonight about that new venture of a shop selling goods that the bigger supermarkets would of ssent to landdfill. The idea seems to be that people feel ashamed of using food banks and so to build up their sself confidence instead they can now buy goods with as much as a 70% saving. The shop is only going to be used by certain people who will have to have a membership card, I can see problems with that being abused already and if it works they plan to open another twenty shops across the UK. I don't know whether this will be a success or not but do wonder why a larger supermarket would of been donating packs of Andrex toilet tissue I think it was a nine pack. After all does that have a use by date, why on earth would something like that be of no use.

Sounds a good idea. Makes you wonder just how much perfectly useable and edible stuff gets chucked away by supermarkets.

Archived