Fitness Unlimited gym query

Hi all,

I'm looking at joining Fitness Unlimited but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how busy their gyms get? I'd prefer to go to Ponds Forge but could possibly do either EIS or Springs Leisure Centre at a push. I work 9-5 and would ideally want to go straight after work, although I understand that's the busiest time? If so, would it be better to go in the morning before work or wait until 8/9?

Thanks.

I've never been to Springs but Ponds Forge and EIS are both very busy but for the price of membership its understandable. Both places are much quieter in the mornings. I normally go before work and never struggle to get on any cardio equipment, however I always find the free weights area packed no matter what time I go.

I find the lack of space a problem, they have really good equipment but not much matting/ free space to be doing kettlebells, weights, stretches etc. however, if you are after cardio equipment then I think it's worth the membership.

I have used Springs Leisure Centre in the past going straight from work and it is never massively busy not so much that there arent any machines or cardio equipment available.

Another one to try is Graves Tennis and Leisure Centre, it is about 10 mins from Springs and the gym is half the size but is much nicer inside and the one i use atm

Ponds forge gets robbed daily so if you do join you need to make sure you take no valubles.

Eis is quiet ponds forge mega busy mondays. dying down a bit . gets busy Jan-March.

Hillsborough gets robbed daily too. EIS doesn't best bet to go there but Ponds Forge has best equipment

I know people who got robbed there and the police told them it has been happening daily for ten years and ponds forge do nothing about it.

I never knew it got robbed until it happened to a good friend . I always wondered why I rarely see people again on a long term basis it is becasue they get robbed and leave. Also speak to people there who go regular they will tell you .

Ponds Forge keep it quiet as people will not join otherwise.

Archived