Fitness Unlimited gym query

You mean, people having their possessions stolen from changing rooms? or lockers?

Or, people are getting mugged?

Or, people are being robbed by FU, money taken from bank accounts etc?

Wouldn't be surprised to hear about possessions being stolen from changing rooms; number of times I've seen people leaving iPhones etc, laying around and wandering off round a corner for a few moments...

I know people who got robbed there and the police told them it has been happening daily for ten years and ponds forge do nothing about it.

I never knew it got robbed until it happened to a good friend . I always wondered why I rarely see people again on a long term basis it is becasue they get robbed and leave. Also speak to people there who go regular they will tell you .

Ponds Forge keep it quiet as people will not join otherwise.

Unfortunately it happens any place where there are lockers and a bit of privacy. I worked in HR at a large cash and carry and it was a regular occurrence there as the staff toilets/changing rooms were available to any visitors and a few cheeky customers who wandered around sometimes. Staff weren't allowed to take their stuff on the shop floor so had no option but to use the lockers.

• 2 weeks later...
I know people who got robbed there and the police told them it has been happening daily for ten years and ponds forge do nothing about it.

I never knew it got robbed until it happened to a good friend . I always wondered why I rarely see people again on a long term basis it is becasue they get robbed and leave. Also speak to people there who go regular they will tell you .

Ponds Forge keep it quiet as people will not join otherwise.

I use ponds forge and graves on a long term basis, been going to ponds forge for 3 years, graves just over 1 year as that's when I moved to Jordanthorpe and before that when I lived in firth park I went to concord. Fortunately I have not had any belongings stolen.

Stuff stolen hmmm'.

I've be going to Ponds Forge since it opened and although I am aware of some thefts I have never seen or heard anything personally. Occasionally, there have been one or two youths wandering about who I was suspicious of but my closer awareness did not reveal any wrong doing. I'm sure its not a daily occurrence.

My biggest problem is the Concept2 rowing machines, the most incorrectly used piece of equipment in any gym! Strap slippage, draft gauges all over the place, worn parts causing noisy operation and displays not working. At the moment I have a favourite machine and it spoils my day if I have to hang around too long whilst it becomes available.

Hillsborough is much better they have had two refits and have the most recent machines for running, rowing and biking - as you can tell its cardio stuff for me all the way.

Archived