St Pancras to Waterloo, how far

I,m off to Winchester later this month via London and need to get to Waterloo station from St Pancras.

I have done research and it only looks about 2 -3 miles but with the times between train connections I don't want to get lost so was possibily thinking of a taxi but would prefer to cycle.

I will have my bicycle with me so the tube is out so I was wondering if taxi's would get my bike in say a typical London cab.

Fortunately the return journey is direct back so just need to worry about the one.

I,m off to Winchester later this month via London and need to get to Waterloo station from St Pancras.

I have done research and it only looks about 2 -3 miles but with the times between train connections I don't want to get lost so was possibily thinking of a taxi but would prefer to cycle.

I will have my bicycle with me so the tube is out so I was wondering if taxi's would get my bike in say a typical London cab.

Fortunately the return journey is direct back so just need to worry about the one.

Thread title is a little misleading.

You can get an average bike into a London Hackney Cab.

It happens quite a lot.

It is down to the drivers discretion and you will pay a charge for it.

They would expect it to be clean.

St. Pancras Railway station direct to London Bridge about 17 minutes. You can put your bike on the train, between 10.00 and 16.00 hours, then after 19.00 hours. Then one stop from London Bridge railway station to Waterloo (East).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/london-rail-and-tube-services-map.pdf

---------- Post added 03-12-2013 at 16:33 ----------

Northern Line from Kings Cross St Pancras to Euston (1 stop). Change to Northern line Sth bound (Waterloo branch) for about 5 stops and you're at Waterloo.

But you can't put bicycles on the underground (tube), only overground trains.

You can get an average bike into a London Hackney Cab.

It happens quite a lot.

It is down to the drivers discretion and you will pay a charge for it.

They would expect it to be clean.

I'd have expected that to be the case.

@PaulTansley

The most obvious route looks pretty easy if you're confident cycling through traffic:-

Turn right from the station front onto Euston Road heading for Euston Station and just as you get to it turn right onto Upper Woburn Place. Follow that road until you get to Aldwych (T junction so you can't go straight ahead), then follow the 1 way system clockwise onto The Strand, past St Mary le Strand church until you can turn left onto Lancaster Place. Over Waterloo Bridge, round the roundabout with the imax cinema on it and you're there.

I'd have expected that to be the case.

@PaulTansley

The most obvious route looks pretty easy if you're confident cycling through traffic:-

Turn right from the station front onto Euston Road heading for Euston Station and just as you get to it turn right onto Upper Woburn Place. Follow that road until you get to Aldwych (T junction so you can't go straight ahead), then follow the 1 way system clockwise onto The Strand, past St Mary le Strand church until you can turn left onto Lancaster Place. Over Waterloo Bridge, round the roundabout with the imax cinema on it and you're there.

Turning right on Euston Road while heading west would send him north towards Mornington Crescent rather than south towards Holborn. If I were the OP I'd walk and push my bike. It'll take less than an hour although this may not be too attractive if he's carrying heavy luggage. Cycling in central London without knowing the route could be calamitous.

Turning right on Euston Road while heading west would send him north towards Mornington Crescent rather than south towards Holborn. If I were the OP I'd walk and push my bike. It'll take less than an hour although this may not be too attractive if he's carrying heavy luggage. Cycling in central London without knowing the route could be calamitous.

Oops your right. I meant turn left there.

@PaulTansley

Check the route carefully and don't rely on what people on the internet say. ;)

Archived