Looking for Ann Crookes

Gemwood

Looking for Ann/e Crookes (1951 - ) whose parents were George Crookes, 1922-1968?, and Frances Morris. Grandparents, William H Crookes, c1880-? and Mabel Hilton. Great grandparents, Hugh Crookes, 1841-1916, and Emma Undy. (All Sheffield) Ann possibly married Michael ?

One of Hugh and Emma's sons, Joshua 'John' Crookes, changed his name to John Wright and came to NZ. Descendants of Joshua Crookes (alias John Wright) would like to make contact with Ann.

Anyone researching these names or anyone who knows of Ann, please make contact. The NZ family is putting together the Crookes family tree.

Many thanks

Nyle - NZ

Hey Nyle..

The first part of your post suggests that William H Crookes is also Hugh and Emma's son. Am I reading that right?

It's just that I've looked at the census records for Hugh and Emma and I can't see any William H Crookes on any of them.

I can see the Joshua you're talking about, he was born c1881, but no William H Crookes.

Hi Gemwood - welcome to the Forum!.:) The only local marriage record I can find for an Ann(e) Crookes to a Michael is one of an Ann Crookes who married a Michael Byron in Sheffield in 1980. This might give you something to go on - good luck!

Hi Sarah1 and hillsbro

Thank you both so much for your quick response.

Sorry... I made 2 errors in posting... William H Crookes was born 1891 and Ann Crookes 1958.

William H may have had his mother's surname (Undy) several of the children did. I have verified his existence on the Len Undy website.

Ann Crookes married to Michael Byron... perfect, thank you. Sounds like our girl!

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 20:46 ----------

Hi Philip

Still finding may way around this forum... not able to do private posts yet apparently so will respond here...

Very grateful for the address of Ann and Michael Byron... excellent work on your part and much appreciated.

Aotearoa is not a bad place to be... agree. I'm from Blenheim

Best wishes

Nyle

Hi Sarah1

Thanks for the info re William H. Crookes. I'm fairly sure we didn't have his death date so appreciate that. I now have a year 2005 address for Ann (and her married name), so will try to make contact with her.

I've done a lot of family research in my time but this lot 'take the cake'. The side issues are interesting to say the least. I'm so grateful for the help I've received as we had come up against a few brick walls.

Best wishes

Nyle

Archived