Fave sweets and grub

tiffy

can you remember lucky bags?swizzels,black jacks,fruit salads,palma violets(THEY WERE AWFUL),palma violets I mean.Cherry lips,and razzle dazzle choc buttons with hundreds and thousands on top.?Taggys ice cream was the best.We use to go to the van on Sunday afternoons with a pyrex bowl to have it filled with the icecream.Sheffield fishcakes are the best!,and Hendersons relish.

ah yes happy memories - and sheffield fish cakes are def the best - specially the manor top fish bar - aka beckets

'Sheffield' fishcakes are known in West Yorkshire as Yorkshire Fishcakes and I enjoyed one last week (my local chippy is 100 yds away and they sell them). The food I miss from the Chip 'ole is Roe and chips. Not a slice of tinned roe but the real thing, dipped in batter and deep fried in dripping. I can small them now and boy were they good.

Bob

• 7 months later...
yes, i remember spanish gold, used to eat it all the time as a kid, and also that orrible chewing wood which tasted of....... not quite sure what it tasted of. can't remember Rondellos though. what about rainbow sherbet and Jubblys? loved those.

i LOVED LICORICE ROOT

Archived